Football Manager 2019

Soldato
Skipped this for about 4 years, worth picking up or have they demolished it?

FM18 was one of the weakest in a long time for me but that's because I am really not interested in the social aspect of players lives. I don't care about them having a tiff with the captain or anything like that so hopefully they will amend it quite a bit.

Man of Honour
FM18 was one of the weakest in a long time for me but that's because I am really not interested in the social aspect of players lives. I don't care about them having a tiff with the captain or anything like that so hopefully they will amend it quite a bit.

FM18 was basically Babysitting Simulator 2018. Theres no way I am buying this one until I see a list of changes/features, even then I will wait until there is some post release feedback on the man managing side of things and whether the tactical changes actually make a difference.

Soldato
I miss the old manager games. 1st Division manager on spectrum, Kevin Keegan's player manager on snes, premier manager on megadrive, player manager on psx1. They were fun and more simple.

Soldato
I enjoyed 17 but skipped 18, I tend to get them once they hit £15 after I get bored of the new fifa.

I'm hoping 19 has a better match engine as 17 felt well abit dumb at times

Associate
How can they have not improved the 3D engine after all these years? They have gotten lazy with this cash cow, especially as there is no solid competition.

Soldato
FM2011 was the last one I played. It was clear that far back that they were running out of ideas.

Paying full whack year on year for a patch is not my idea of value.

Soldato
FM18 was basically Babysitting Simulator 2018. Theres no way I am buying this one until I see a list of changes/features, even then I will wait until there is some post release feedback on the man managing side of things and whether the tactical changes actually make a difference.

I agree, I really enjoy a lot of the in-depth stuff they add but 18's stuff to do with social groups, standings and such was just too far.

Associate
I really hope people do the right thing and not just buy it because that is what they do every year but I can't see it happening there is such a loyal fan base no matter what is released.

Soldato
I really hope people do the right thing and not just buy it because that is what they do every year but I can't see it happening there is such a loyal fan base no matter what is released.

It's the same with COD, FIFA, Madden, etc, etc people just keep buying the latest skin update, it's a shame the gaming companies have suits working there who are just after the money, the manipulation to buy in game items is ridiculous and should be outlawed.

Associate
unless there are some big changes you may as well stick to anyone of the last 3 or 4 as they only update the database which you can do anyway

Soldato
Stick to CM01/02 until they give it a massive overhaul. the "3D" match engine is a joke(it is worse than SNES graphics) I could handle that if it wasn't for the game taking so long to process even though I have a decent PC and a beast of a laptop.

Back
Top Bottom