Football Manager 2019

Soldato
A very big "NO" from me, until there is a complete overhaul I won't be touching it. They are happy with Abysmal/mediocre when the competition has been killed off by licencing and with new sheep every year taking a chance on it not knowing how good the previous games used to be they can plough out this drivel and wont mind losing true fans.

Soldato
Because of the lack of real changes and improvements, I usually buy every other release these days. Would take a significant match engine change for me to get this release, and I very much doubt that will happen, so I'll wait until next year, again.

Man of Honour
Because of the lack of real changes and improvements, I usually buy every other release these days. Would take a significant match engine change for me to get this release, and I very much doubt that will happen, so I'll wait until next year, again.

Likewise, it would take a big overhaul of the match engine to make me buy this and to be quite honest , IF they were doing that it would have certainly been on the list of new features on the website, however its noticeable that any mention of the match engine is missing which I would say pretty much confirms that there's no new improved engine.

Associate
Well, for me it is a steal. I have played since the very first game back on the Amiga and still enjoy it, generally, as much today as I did all those years back

First real recorded game on Steam was FM11:

FM11 1669 hours
FM12 18623 hours
FM13 1610 hours
FM14 1248 hours
FM15 1144 hours
FM16 1268 hours
FM17 1603 hours
FM18 1637 hours (so far!)

Gonna be honest, I think too many people expect too much. It's easy to say the game is crap and SI don't care because they have no competition. To me the ME isn't perfect, but I genuinely don't know what people expect? It is a football management simulation. What exactly here would people like to see added?

I don't use 3D, again too old school for that and I love the dots. 3D just doesn't interest me in this game. For me the upcoming version I am looking forward to seeing if the new tactical options, split into defence, transition and attack can make the tactical area more interesting. And hopefully the training revamp will work well.

I can understand people getting frustrated by the press conferences, they do get tedious. Just employ a decent, for your level, assistant and let him handle it.

Associate
Likewise, it would take a big overhaul of the match engine to make me buy this and to be quite honest , IF they were doing that it would have certainly been on the list of new features on the website, however its noticeable that any mention of the match engine is missing which I would say pretty much confirms that there's no new improved engine.

I think they just changed the match engine was it for 2018 so they wont change that for another 3+ years that is how they do it.

Every year people say they wont buy it but they still do which is why they continue with the same model.

Soldato
Wish it would go back to the old simpler times, CM93 up to CM01/02 was this series golden era. It had so much to adore, no getting bogged down with a million and one pointless tasks. Simple formations and tactics, no over complimicated training, no over cluttered menus. It’s beauty was it straight to the point simplicity. Seeing the like of Platt, Hateley, Lineker going to Italy was always great. Building a team with Julian Joachim, Tonton Zola Mokoko, Anastasios Skalidis, Richie Wellens was so much fun. The transfer market was actually fun back then. Plus you could smash through a season quicker than it takes you to get through pre season these days.

Totally rubbish game these days.

Well said, sums up my feelings exactly.

Soldato
I wouldn't mind if it was a football manager simulator but it seems to be a mix of baby sitting, news conference handling & answering emails simulator, when it takes so long to get to the actual season surely they can see that is a huge problem?

If this game was actually a simulator it would put me right off being a football manager!

Soldato
Wish it would go back to the old simpler times, CM93 up to CM01/02 was this series golden era. It had so much to adore, no getting bogged down with a million and one pointless tasks. Simple formations and tactics, no over complimicated training, no over cluttered menus. It’s beauty was it straight to the point simplicity. Seeing the like of Platt, Hateley, Lineker going to Italy was always great. Building a team with Julian Joachim, Tonton Zola Mokoko, Anastasios Skalidis, Richie Wellens was so much fun. The transfer market was actually fun back then. Plus you could smash through a season quicker than it takes you to get through pre season these days.

Totally rubbish game these days.

Have you tried the Mobile version?

I agree, and I find the full PC version overwhelming - The mobile version is a lot more chopped down and I find it perfect :)

Soldato
I might have a look at it this year, is it any good on IPad? How's the speed and level of detail?

I mainly play it on the iPad - It's very speedy - and it uses the "Dots" instead of 3D match engine (Although they do also have a "Football Manager Touch" version of the game which is more in-depth).

The only downside of the Mobile version is it is limited to 4 countries only :(

Soldato
shame it wasn't 5 countries. England, Spain, France, Italy and Germany is all I'd need.

And no 3d match engine is absolutely fine with me, hate that thing. I'd be happy with the old style engine from the 90's :D

Yeah that is the only downside, for me at least. I would have thought the processing power of an iPad should be able to handle more countries.

In saying that - I did try the Touch version on the iPad for a small while, but I found it very slow and buggy. I asked for a refund in the end, and went back to the mobile version.

Back
Top Bottom