Football Manager 2019

Associate
it can take bloody ages!!

one year i won the europa league from league 1 haha, qualified as a losing FA cup finalist from league 2 lol, but competition rules don't allow that now. that was the quickest, but the real glory is in the champions league trophy which is harder to win.

i think it's probably at least 200 hours to go all the way these days, but you need back to back promotions every season. the more recent versions of the game with all the hand holding and player nappy changing slow down the charge to the top, so it's best to try and turn those off, or leave them to your assistant etc.

Soldato
I miss the old manager games. 1st Division manager on spectrum, Kevin Keegan's player manager on snes, premier manager on megadrive, player manager on psx1. They were fun and more simple.

The original football manager on the spectrum was/is better then any of the new football managers games released. the original championship manager 92/93 onwards(until name change to football manager) was the best football manager sim ever in my opinion.

This series is getting worse, and I will not be buying this years (as 18 was appalling, 17 was just as bad) for the first time since 1992.

Soldato
The original football manager on the spectrum was/is better then any of the new football managers games released. the original championship manager 92/93 onwards(until name change to football manager) was the best football manager sim ever in my opinion.

This series is getting worse, and I will not be buying this years (as 18 was appalling, 17 was just as bad) for the first time since 1992.

I hope many others do the same so they can take stock and see that they are failing the supporters that made them what they are.

Associate

CM3, CM 00/01, CM 01/02, great times, ive had every one since CM2 and for the first time i may not get this release, hardly touched the current one as its was terrible. :(

Soldato

There is a guy who still updates and mods the speccy version of footy manager. It’s amazing now :)

Man of Honour
There's a lot of news out today. Revamps of the user interface (again), and the skins (again) and training/tactics overhaul. Plus maybe, just maybe a glimpse of a regen, which is slightly improved by the looks of things. Lets face it, it couldn't get worse.

https://community.sigames.com/forum/25-football-manager-general-discussion/

No mention yet of anything match engine related, which is what a lot of people are waiting for.

Soldato
I've never played a Football Manager game, but I'm seriously considering buying this one. Do you need to be a real football fanatic to enjoy it? I'm just a casual sports fan.

Soldato
Wish it would go back to the old simpler times, CM93 up to CM01/02 was this series golden era. It had so much to adore, no getting bogged down with a million and one pointless tasks. Simple formations and tactics, no over complimicated training, no over cluttered menus. It’s beauty was it straight to the point simplicity. Seeing the like of Platt, Hateley, Lineker going to Italy was always great. Building a team with Julian Joachim, Tonton Zola Mokoko, Anastasios Skalidis, Richie Wellens was so much fun. The transfer market was actually fun back then. Plus you could smash through a season quicker than it takes you to get through pre season these days.

Totally rubbish game these days.

Last edited:
Associate
Same game, different year. Not buying fm again and will keep playing the older ones with my 45gb graphics pack. (Yes 45gb! took me a long time to get to that point)

Soldato
Wish it would go back to the old simpler times, CM93 up to CM01/02 was this series golden era. It had so much to adore, no getting bogged down with a million and one pointless tasks. Simple formations and tactics, no over complimicated training, no over cluttered menus. It’s beauty was it straight to the point simplicity. Seeing the like of Platt, Hayley, Lineker going to Italy was always great. Building a team with Julian Joachim, Tonton Zola Mokoko, Anastasios Skalidis, Richie Wellens was so much fun. The transfer market was actually fun back then. Plus you could smash through a season quicker than it takes you to get through pre season these days.

Totally rubbish game these days.

Totally agree with this, yes the game is detailed but it gets very overwhelming in my opinion and end up getting frustrated and bored at the same time!

Didn't they make CM 01/02 a free game now or am I imagining things?

I used to quite like LMA manager aswell back in the day!

Associate
Is this worth coming back to?

I played this since the very first Championship Manager way back in the day when the end of season took a full afternoon to load.

I gave up around FM14. Wasn't playing it enough. Lost the love man. Lost the love for it.

Man of Honour
Im going to wait until the beta is out before i make any decision. To me it depends on a couple of key points before I shell out. Having said that, I think 18 is probably one of the worst releases in a while and yet I have over 1000 hours in it. So could 19 be worth it? In terms of value for money probably yes.

Back
Top Bottom