Football - Spoilers 4th/5th March

Soldato
Marvt74 said:
Chelsea winning 2-0 Drogba and Cole scorers with Robeen sent off for being a dirty git

And it sounds as if Robson won the fight :D

Half time sounds like it went on for about 20 minuites as the chelsea boss kept his team in the dressing room letting them out one at a time. If true the ref should have started the game on time when according to the radio they would have had six players. They wouldn't have done it again.

Man of Honour
The Edge said:

Half time sounds like it went on for about 20 minuites as the chelsea boss kept his team in the dressing room letting them out one at a time. If true the ref should have started the game on time when according to the radio they would have had six players. They wouldn't have done it again.
Can't play a side with that few players in. Either they had to wait or they had to call it off.

Man of Honour
The Edge said:

That's not quite what happened:)
The whole team came out about 2 minutes late bar Drogba & Gallas. The team talk (deserved rollicking) went on for longer than it should & the two mentioned were in the loo after the talk & came out a minute later:)

Associate
Nim said:
I'd quite like to see the possession stats for this game. Can't be far off 80-20.

Actually, thinking about it, I'd rather not know.
Here are some of the stats according to skysports.
Code:
Fulham	Team Name	Arsenal
0	  Goals	           4
3	  Shots on target  9
3	  Shots off Target 7
1	  Blocked Shots	   2
0	  Corners Won	   7
54%	Possession	  46%

Very surprised by the possession :confused:

Nim

Nim

Associate
bungler said:
Very surprised by the possession :confused:
Ahahaha. Yeah, there's no way that's accurate. I also don't remember Fulham having three shots on target, unless there's some new definition that I haven't been told about.

Associate
atpbx said:
Its a certainty you wont.
;)

am sure manu said that before there boro game and looked what happened there.

glad the toon lads proved my 1-1 theory to be crap, we got manu and then liverpool, but after that we have 5 on paper easy games especially in our current form, am not sure about champs league but uefa is a real possibility.

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
That's not quite what happened:)
The whole team came out about 2 minutes late bar Drogba & Gallas. The team talk (deserved rollicking) went on for longer than it should & the two mentioned were in the loo after the talk & came out a minute later:)

Thats not what the radio was saying, or what the BBC website says :)

If that is true then that's a little better, but Mourinho is known for his gamesmanship and it shouldn't be tolerated. They know how long half time is, talk faster :D

Man of Honour
I agree,there's no excuse for being late, but if the radio or BBC website said that JM let them out one by one that's wrong:)
8 players came out en masse (I forgot about Eidur) & the others followed. The ref could have (should have) started the game, but he didn't, he kept waiting, so that's his fault.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
atpbx said:
No, Boro are our bogey team, Newcastle on the other hand are just a team of bogeys.

They werent yesterday fella ;)

If you match Boltons strength and comitment its easy to out football them and we did that well.
Parker again was outstanding , bossing the midfield and showing Gary Speed what a central midfielders job is all about.
Goal number 202 for the Geordie number 1 soul brother and a 6th game unbeaten since Souness was laced into touch by the chairman.
10th in the league now (our highest place all season) although mackem combustion on moss side will see us move down to 11th.
Good stuff.
I cant wait for Old Trafford next week.

Ive been watching football first this morning its nice to see Chelsea continuing to make friends in the league and Fowler doing the biz for Liverpool since his return.
Henry again showing what a gentleman he is as well as banging in more goals.
What a top , top player.
I wish we had bought him after he tortured us when he played for Monaco.

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
your being disrespectful to gary speed there, i bet parker never scores as many goals in his career as speed has :p
Maybe not but I think he's a better player.
No disrespect intended Speed is a player I admire and he served us well , sold for a pittance and replaced with Nicky Butt :rolleyes:

Soldato
Well another great result for us this weekend (the toon) very pleased to have a birthday present like that result!

As for our next three games (Man U and 'Pool in the league and Chelsea in the FA cup) we have a tough few weeks ahead of us. However with our current form it would be nice to see us get a couple of good results. I cant see it happening but I hope the players don't go out thinking that they have already lost and that scrapping for a draw is going to be enough. I know if we do lose the fans will say "up against the hardest teams in the league etc etc" but I don't think it should be our excuse going into the games if you see what I mean.

As for a Champ League spot I highly doubt it but it would be very nice. UEFA is more likely and I think we are capable of it!

My biggest concern is how tired the players will be for Chelsea in the FA after facing Man U and Liverpool... As much as I want to see us get one over the mancs and the mersy lot I don't want them all knackered for the cup...

Panzer

Soldato
Rebel=UK= said:
Did You hear the Newcastle analysis on MOTD was someting like "maybe a champions league spot" thats was it!

lol i know, sounds good.. but it wont happen

uefa if things carry on being great.

im glad the match commentary was giving parker some support.... when there was some excellent tackling

"you guessed... scott parker"

if sven doesnt get is diamond encrusted backside to a newcastle game to watch scotty parker play and play well then... well.. nowt can be done about it, but it will be a disgrace.

im going to buy the new england shirt and put parker on it :p if i can

Soldato
Parker has had an outstanding season.
Its all set up for him to be a true Newcastle great.
However , I think he can give a little more than he does now - he doesnt get forward enough or dictate the game the way I think he can.
He also looks to make easy passes all the time - which may be no bad thing but this often results in backwards passes in the way David Batty did.

Soldato
true, but it seems to be working at present. am sure a "new" manager would have different ideas for him... but that "new" manager may already be running the show.

parker will be a great newcastle captain, i think he will run the show on the pitch for a good few year to come.

Back
Top Bottom