• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

For a gaming build i5 8600k vs i7 8700k?

the extra cores help now in games. 6 is enough. intel know what is needed thats why its out. the mainstream best cpu for gaming was the 7700k now its the 8700k which is basically 2 more cores and high speed upto nearly 5ghz. that will be fine for 3 years plus easy.only thing you may need during 3 plus years is a new gpu if it isnt strong enough. people saying its a short lived platform.any ryzen chip is slower so amd platform is already dead.especially for gaming.so you buy the best of now.which is for gaming a i5 or i7 with a budget. x299 if you have unlimited spending.x299 will probably last you five years but you will pay for it.

6 is what you need now.7700k was the champion so with ryzen out they put the 8700k to keep them the games champion in the market.7700k is still more than enough for most games and the fastest 8700k gives you all of that and the cores you need for the next 2-3 years. yes intel got it out to stay on top.ryzen didnt trouble the 7700k for gaming regardless

6 is what you need now.7700k was the champion so with ryzen out they put the 8700k to keep them the games champion in the market.7700k is still more than enough for most games and the fastest 8700k gives you all of that and the cores you need for the next 2-3 years. yes intel got it out to stay on top.ryzen didnt trouble the 7700k for gaming regardless

Totally depends on the situation and system config. You can't blanket statment. Plenty of games scale well past 10 cores and some can barely make use of two.

Fact is unless you running a Nvidia card at low resolution or and AMD at high you would struggle to notice much of a difference between a lot of chips.

where talking mainstream market not ten core chips.7700k was the fastest mainstream best selling chip.8700k has been made to keep that replace it.its that simple.

where talking mainstream market not ten core chips.7700k was the fastest mainstream best selling chip.8700k has been made to keep that replace it.its that simple.

It's not simple at all. 100% depends on the situation and price's as to what's the *best* chip . Right now coffee lake isn't that appealing.

It's not simple at all. 100% depends on the situation and price's as to what's the *best* chip . Right now coffee lake isn't that appealing.

across the gaming pc platform the 7700k was the fastest mainstream chip.proven.8700k now is.i dont get whats so hard to understand.intel have took off 7700k from the throne to replace it with the 8700k.

across the gaming pc platform the 7700k was the fastest mainstream chip.proven.8700k now is.i dont get whats so hard to understand.intel have took off 7700k from the throne to replace it with the 8700k.
I think he genuinely works for AMD or has shares in them. Its the same pedantic, tiresome arguments in every thread.

I'm assuming you're talking about gaming. With a 1080Ti at very low resolutions and games that can't make use of no more than 6 cores then yes. Move away from that use case and the situation changes.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're talking about gaming. With a 1080Ti at very low resolutions and games that can't make use of more than 6 cores then yes. Move away from that use case and situation changes.

i put for gaming.the situation doesnt change the 7700k is the number one selling chip still.it is/was the fastest across the whole pc gaming platform.period.proven in numerous benchmarks.its not even a arguing point.check sales and benchmarks.the 8700k is just here to keep the title and bring the extra cores to keep it at number one mainstream gaming chip.no amd chip is near any of those two at all for gaming.nothing.

i put for gaming.the situation doesnt change the 7700k is the number one selling chip still.it is/was the fastest across the whole pc gaming platform.period.proven in numerous benchmarks.its not even a arguing point.check sales and benchmarks.the 8700k is just here to keep the title and bring the extra cores to keep it at number one mainstream gaming chip.no amd chip is near any of those two at all for gaming.nothing.

No that's not the case. If your just here to argue that point please refer to post #31

okay...please show why ? instead of just say no or i dont agree. infact no dont.its pointless.

It is pointless because we've been over this before in other threads. Look, I get you guys hate AMD but the OP is asking for advice so let's keep it real. Coffe Lake is good but it's not half as good as you fellas make it out to be.

There is plenty of info out there showing that depending on the game, at up to 1440p and using a GPU like a 1080 at 1080p an 8700k does show good gains over other CPU's. Doesn't make the competing CPU's bad as they all play the games great but I am not sure why we are still getting the same misinformation over and over again.

There is plenty of info out there showing that depending on the game, at up to 1440p and using a GPU like a 1080 at 1080p an 8700k does show good gains over other CPU's. Doesn't make the competing CPU's bad as they all play the games great but I am not sure why we are still getting the same misinformation over and over again.

AMD have have disrupted the status quo and the PC industry needs to catch up. A strong AMD presence across the all market is potentially threatening to some firms that can only operate in a few of those areas. The strange part is gaming is one of the most insignificant sectors.

It's still no excuse for some people continuined behaviour. You can sing Intels and Nvidia praises without resorting to insults and shaming.

AMD have have disrupted the status quo and the PC industry needs to catch up. A strong AMD presence across the all market is potentially threatening to some firms that can only operate in a few of those areas. The strange part is gaming is one of the most insignificant sectors.

It's still no excuse for some people continuined behaviour. You can sing Intels and Nvidia praises without resorting to insults and shaming.

Doesn't that kind of work both ways though. Neither side can claim any moral high ground when you read some of the threads.

Back
Top Bottom