For Honor - Bushido Blade armoured up

Soldato
Had a few games with Moe....was good fun!

Lots of depth with customisation, moves, gear, abilities etc. Think it'll take a while to skill up and figure out how all the different classes play best.

The brawl mode where you line up with 2 1v1's across bridges, if one guy wins first then he can run over and get involved in the other scrap.

Soldato
Played a bit just now with Middgen. Game is a lot of fun, the 2vs2 mode is a straight duel with your heroes, very intense you spawn opposite sides of a bridge and just go for it.

Soldato
Main thing I like is that it's not about pointing guns at each other, the combat system works well and I reckon with a bit of practice you could have some awesome duels, everyone is learning the controls at the mo so it's quite spammy.

Dominion the 4v4 mode you gotta best up the trash mobs to control the centre point and rank up your hero MOBA style to unlock abilites, but you need to control A or C to use for healing.

Definitely lots of potential, shame I'm away all weekend! Will have to get involved for the next test.

Man of Honour
Played it for 20 minutes, hated it, uninstalled it. Didn't really like the control system and it felt really sluggish to me. Maybe I didn't give it enough chance but my initial impressions were not good.

Soldato
Played it for 20 minutes, hated it, uninstalled it. Didn't really like the control system and it felt really sluggish to me. Maybe I didn't give it enough chance but my initial impressions were not good.

It's not a slash 'em up game, or like the Batman games which are mostly about mashing button combos until the enemies are dead.

Combat in For Honor is mostly about waiting for the right moment to strike. The 1v1 and 2v2 modes are were the combat is best, advanced across a bridge towards each other, waiting to see who'll make the first move, it's pretty cool.

It does mean that attacks aren't immediate, as you have to wind up the animation which gives the opponent time to block....but that's the meat of the combat system.

Caporegime
OP
Initial Impressions are that yeah the HUD is too busy, hard to see enemies stance in the heat of battle - also 2v1 is a lot harder than it looks. Not too sure what to do when outnumbered other than run...

Haven't played much though - feels solid and weighty

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Anymore opinions on this? I'm not in the beta, heard all the codes are gone. This game didn't grab me at all initially but I've been watching on Twitch and it seems like a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom