For Honor - Bushido Blade armoured up

Associate
Anyone else played the beta yet? I've had a few hours on it and it looks fantastic and is very polished but man I found it so frustrating! So many times I thought I selected the right direction to block but it didn't register and I took a hit, or you get ganked from behind whilst you're one on one with someone else. Maybe it's just me as some people seemed to be doing very well.

Found this first impression statement on a site and couldn't say it any better myself; "For Honor has one of the must frustrating learning curves in a multiplayer game. Even the bots will curb stomp you until you get into some sort of groove. But once you resist the urge to throw your fist through your screen long enough to figure it all out, then you will find a pretty fun game buried under all the raging."

Soldato
I'm enjoying it a lot, the games I'm in people seem to keep losing connection and eventually so do I :( So annoying.

Soldato
The bots are harder than most players, they know all the chains and feats for their class and execute them well. Most players in the open beta are still button mashing.

I've been sticking with Berzerker which it's hard as nails but very satisfying when you get it right.

So much depth to the combat. I haven't really mastered the deflect zerker move which is holding me back. The bigger slower opponents are dead easy you just parry and wear them down with quick attacks.

It's the medium hitters that are tough, the parry time window is minuscule and if you fluff it up your health disappears is no time.

Soldato
Unfortunately the connection on open beta isn't as great but closed was not surprisingly great. The fighting is great and there are no real over powered characters. Not mastered the combos yet but I'm pretty good with defence. You just have to known when to switch from defence to attack or risk shield block moves.

Definitely getting this but I can see people getting frustrated and quitting early on it.

Soldato
monkeyspank;30492980 said:
You haven't played nioh I guess?

Nope, not going to from what I've read of it either :p I've tried the Souls games before but that sort of banging your head repeatedly against an AI type of gameplay just isn't for me.

I do like it against real players though, much more variety. You never know quite how an opponent is going to play.

My reflexes aren't up to every being considered 'good' at it, but the matchmaking seems pretty good so far. Only occasionally get completely stomped and vice versa.

I was duelling another berzerker for an hour last night, he destroyed me first few games so I kept on playing and learning and eventually got to some kind of parity. I was trying to parry at first but the timing window against a fast striker is probably only a couple of frames, had to keep switching up blocks, feints, deflects and not leave myself open to the nasty overhead combo.

The peacekeepers are giving me the most trouble, proper nightmare, still haven't figured out the best way to deal with em.

Soldato
Surprised there isn't more chat in here, I'm really enjoying the game to be honest. Combat is pretty cool, still can't help feel it's basically a QTE game in the sense of you have to match stuff but it's a bit more strategic which is awesome.

Soldato
Surprised there isn't more chat in here, I'm really enjoying the game to be honest. Combat is pretty cool, still can't help feel it's basically a QTE game in the sense of you have to match stuff but it's a bit more strategic which is awesome.

Same here.

I downloaded last night. And Im really enjoying it.... I think this is the first Ubisoft game I really enjoy playing. And I havent played many Ubisoft games (I think the last one I played was the first Assassins Creed).

BTW - This game so needs Guts from Berserk lol

Soldato
Yep still playing here....although I need to properly sit and practice against bots some more instead of just grinding out orders. Not improving at present, I need to master deflects get my dodge timing down if I'm going to stick with Berzerker.

Soldato
Im also still loving this.

Angry Joe made a very good point about it though. The online mode is extremely unbalanced (when gear is active). It seems as though the top ranked/leveled players are those who are prepared to spend real monies on in-game currency.

Soldato

Angry Joe made a very good point about it though. The online mode is extremely unbalanced (when gear is active). It seems as though the top ranked/leveled players are those who are prepared to spend real monies on in-game currency.

Gear is only active on dominion isn't it, or elimination as well?

There's definitely some balancing to be done.

Started to click with the berzerker now and winning a lot more duels. Just can't beat a decent Orochi though, can't get close enough without leaving myself exposed to the dodge and counter attacks. I guess the way to beat em is with parries/deflects but they are a right pain in the backside.

Soldato

I disagree I have found it easy to level up and get some decent gear without spending any money.

Gear isn't all that important as it gives and takes but helpful for certain styles of fighting.

I'm really enjoying and the battles are great especially fighting a group of four and lasting more than a few minutes.

Loving it so far.

Soldato
Still no love in here for the game. Personally I'm loving it. Every player is a different fight and different tactic.

Already got enough to buy the season pass for steel earnt just playing. Picked up for £30 so can't complain.

Soldato
Playing more on PC now as the much quicker loading times make the matchmaking issues less of a problem. Plus it looks excellent at 60fps 1600p with my high gamut monitor making the colours pop :) Half tempted to upgrade my GPU...

Got berserker to rep3 on PS4, quite fun playing on PC as matchmaking doesn't take cross-platform history into account, I'm absolutely murdering everyone at the moment. Sure my ranking will go up soon.

Soldato
I love the beserker. She's an absolute beast!

Yep good, but against good opponents it can be tough to get in range. The overhead attack is decent but easy to block, best bet is normally wait for them to attack and do the sideways dodge + light attack into the infinite chain.

Wish I could deflect more reliably....it's brutal when you can pull it off but if you fluff it you're dead.

Back
Top Bottom