For Honor - Hack and Slasher

Soldato
Been playing this, and am very surprised how well it plays. The graphics are JAW Dropping!! They is good skill level to this also not just run around and button bash.

Am also shocked based on the graphics that my AMD 290 + i7 3770k is handling this game @1440p almost locked 60fps
Drop down the settings for what I can see not much change in visuals and I avg around 70fps Wow

Video coming soon

Associate
Got a code and says I can invite 3 others...but cant see where I can do this atm

If i figure it out let me know here and can have an alpha code (up to 3)

Soldato
Looks good - are the 'champions' other players, or AI? The player in that clip seems either much tankier or much better than them...

This game mode was 4v4 players with all the other guys AI
In the Alpha you can play 1v1 2v2 or 4v4 with both human and AI

Looks great, do alpha/beta codes come with pre-ordering ?

I got mind by signing up for the alpha

Soldato
As someone who put over 200 hours into chivalry and about half that into war of the roses, the alpha impressed me.

The good: combat is fast paced and technical. There is definitely a skill curve so when you go up against someone good it gets pretty crazy. Combat system is quite elegant. Controls on mouse and keyboard felt good. Graphics are really nice as is performance. Character customisation is great and models are pretty rad. Character levelling was compelling, but didn't make you OP. Good mix of team and solo game modes with duels and dominion catering to different moods. Maps are good looking and have some good variation.

The bad: peer to peer matchmaking. In the alpha this became problematic with host migrations happening mid duel really breaking flow. That's it really. Might be nice to have a game mode similar to chivalry where you pursue a story through stages, just to make matches more interesting after the initial buzz wears off.

Back
Top Bottom