For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.

/rant @ FF

Why hog the rope doing these extensions? You get no extra benefit over a bar using that technique. Same squeeze at the bottom and the opportunity to cheat by flexing the wrists. If you're gonna use the rope hold it in the wide position ALL THE WAY through the rep....like a man!! :mad::p:p

I bring my own rope in and no one uses that machine ;) Secondly I do use the bar as I like to mix it up - that's just what I happened to be using today ;) And I'm not black and that wasn't me doing it, it was an example of the body position.

And lastly STFU n00b!!!!!! :mad: :p

Actually, personal insult time - you're SKINNY!!!!!!!!!

I bring my own rope in and no one uses that machine ;) Secondly I do use the bar as I like to mix it up - that's just what I happened to be using today ;) And I'm not black and that wasn't me doing it, it was an example of the body position.

And lastly STFU n00b!!!!!! :mad: :p

Actually, personal insult time - you're SKINNY!!!!!!!!!

N00b i can handle....but skinny :(:(

/sobs

I'm gonna RTM and get a Don to ban you for personal insults :mad:.........oh wait.....%^&*

Im sort of a n00b in the gym...

But even i notice the rubbish, our uni gym seems to have a lot of chinese students come in with jeans and dressed up, do a couple of reps on a machine and leave... wtf?

Raaar. I'm feeling strong as the hulk at the moment.

Nice flat and incline bench session today.

12x80kg
10x100kg
8x110kg
7x120kg

dropset 10x90kg.

Incline:

12x60kg
10x70kg
10x80kg
8x90kg
5x100kg (struggled a bit but felt good).

A superset of decline DBs with some cable flies, using 40kg DBs for decline and 25kg for flies.

Oh and some BW +10 Dips.

I did a bit of bicep work too - but man I feel goood! :D

Raaar. I'm feeling strong as the hulk at the moment.

Nice flat and incline bench session today.

12x80kg
10x100kg
8x110kg
7x120kg

dropset 10x90kg.

Incline:

12x60kg
10x70kg
10x80kg
8x90kg
5x100kg (struggled a bit but felt good).

A superset of decline DBs with some cable flies, using 40kg DBs for decline and 25kg for flies.

Oh and some BW +10 Dips.

I did a bit of bicep work too - but man I feel goood! :D

Dude your an animal that volume would kill me well kill me again after i picked the 120kg bar outta my teeth!

Nice work

Quick question for you gym monkies :P

On deadlifts my grip is really failing and im close to dropping it at times (hanging on with finger tips!) Are wrist straps alright to use? I know most people on here dont like using things like this but just wondering if many people do use them for Deadlifts?

Lemon

http://www.mealplansite.com/

:)

Quick question for you gym monkies :P

On deadlifts my grip is really failing and im close to dropping it at times (hanging on with finger tips!) Are wrist straps alright to use? I know most people on here dont like using things like this but just wondering if many people do use them for Deadlifts?

:)

The way i see it is this:

I deadlift for my back, traps and then legs to an extent, not my grip.
My grip limits the amount i can deadlift (and other back exercises tbh).

I use wrist straps so that the target muscles get worked :]

I agree with morba, the important thing is DONT BE A PUSSY, lifting a weight you could otherwise lift strapless with straps is being a pussy. Your penis will fall off or otherwise return up inside your body. Deadlift until you almost fail then engage the straps and add weight. Straps are a bit like cheat reps, they are fine to use as long as you are aware that you are getting assistance. For example my true deadlift max is 170kg but i can lift 195kg i just cant grip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom