For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
any reason why you think that? seems to work for Wardie hes had some cracking progress
Having oats, whey and creatine is bad for two main reasons :
1. there's nothing causing an insulin spike, so the creatine molecules won't be transported to the muscles.
2. even if you do have something to cause an insulin spike (ie grape juice) by the time the creatine is digested your insulin levels will be back to normal.

People I bought this supplement a few months ago, highly recommend by my good friend MTA here. I have had 4 or 5 scoops from the 2kg bag I bought (basically most of it is still there) and it doesn't agree with my internals :p does anybody fancy taking it off me?

Mail in trust ya

Erm, i want to upload a short video i took my my camera to ask you guys about squat form, wheres the best upload site for that? For some reason ive never had a reason to upload a video clip before.

Edit: right, uploaded to Youtube, i hope this works.

Im pretty nervous about posting this as i dont really feel that confident about my body right now, so i just want to say that i know i have skinny white goalpost legs, which is why im asking for advice! We all had to start somewhere.

Anyway, here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTqud0JWT3c

Managed to film this between the bouts of torrential rain we're having here. Dont even try to work out what weight im lifting there please! Its too embarrasing. Lets put it down to not knowing anything about bodybuilding and just doing upper body work before i started coming here and visiting some other useful sites, my legs are lagging seriously behind and i need them to catch up fast.

Edit2: it looks like im leaning too far forward when coming up? Sometimes i feel like my back is doing some of the work, could this be why?

Last edited:
I'm no expert but that's a pretty good effort by anyone's standards. You're going nice and low and your form is very good. The only pointers I would give you is keep your head up, push your ass back (like you're sitting back on to a chair) rather than dropping with your knees and don't up the weight too quickly.

One more thing, DO NOT SQUAT ON GRASS!

Last edited:
One more thing, DO NOT SQUAT ON GRASS!

Thanks for the head tip, i look down as well when im deadlifting, trying to get out of that habit.

And why not about the grass? im assuming its because i could slip pretty easily at a higher weight? Sadly i cant really do this inside so i guess if thats the reason your sayng it i should get a mat or something i can use outside for squatz.

And why not about the grass? im assuming its because i could slip pretty easily at a higher weight?
Doesn't matter where you squat as long as it's a safe surface and slippery grass certainly isn't safe regardless of what weight you're using. I'd advise buying a weight mat that can be kept indoors until it's needed.

Also, see my edit in the previous post about pushing your ass back.

I wouldnt agree with trying to put your ass back as it will mean that you don't go as low and wont be stretching the legs as much. Sure you can lift more weight but your form is great cause you are going below parallel and you are working the legs more rather than hips. Depends on what you are training for big legs or lift max weight aka powerlifting.

After doing some reading I found that L-Glutamine has been shown to help with gastrointestinal problems which I have, it's also as many of you know a bodybuilding supplement so I went out and got some today. Killing 2 birds with one stone is never a bad thing in my book.

I took a dose a couple hours ago with some probiotics (that I'm trying too) and it could be placebo but my belly feels more settled, tomorrow morning will be the acid test though. Hopefully if they do their job eating lots will be less of a problem, food will stay in me long enough to get the goodness out and with some heavy lifitng my weight will take off towards my target.
Sorry but I just needed to tell someone :)

Last edited:
Had the hardest workout of my life tonight. Started with box squats, moved on to bench press and finished with deadlifts.

Box Squats
100K x 8
115K x 8
130K x 8
145K x 8
160K x 8

Bench
82.5K x 5
92.5K x 5
102.5K x 5
112.5K x 5
122.5K x 5 (Knackered)