For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got talking about meal replacement/weight gain supps in this thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17897640 and i asked this question: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=12100633&postcount=31 but it was obviously in the wrong place and didnt get answered, maybe it'll get noticed here. I basically just need something with some complex carbs + a bit of protein, although i already use Impact Whey, so i mainly just need this for the carbs, unless theres a really easy way to make it myself? Theres just so much fluff on those sites about every product its hard to know what i need.

so i could basically soak my own porrige oats and blend that into my protein shake and it would do the same thing?

Don't soak them!

Put dry oats into a blender, turn on, shake about a little, once all oats are flour turn off. Store oat flour in plastic tub or bag for use in shakes.

I blend and store about 3kgs, takes 10mins to do and its a lot easier taking whey and oats in a shaker to work when you just have to scoop out of a bulk store rather than blending a small batch each time ;)

Don't soak them!

Put dry oats into a blender, turn on, shake about a little, once all oats are flour turn off. Store oat flour in plastic tub or bag for use in shakes.

I blend and store about 3kgs, takes 10mins to do and its a lot easier taking whey and oats in a shaker to work when you just have to scoop out of a bulk store rather than blending a small batch each time ;)

Oh wow, so basically every weigt gain product is just a massive con? Well, not a con, but very overpriced.

Ugh, 1.5 months not training + e.coli poisoning and when I benched for the first time this week I'd lost about 25kgs on the bench!

But a few days later, and its already down to only 15kgs, and in a few weeks I'm sure I'll be back up there!

Don't soak them!

Well i went out today and bought a decent blender and made some oat flour, it was awesome frankly, i think i might actually manage to eat what im supposed to doing it like this.

I think ill make a picture thread tomorrow showing what i did, im sure it will be helpful to someone, cos i looked for similar on with the search function before i asked here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom