For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id make one now but ive just drunk/eaten the shake and i feel like ive just eaten a 20oz steak or something so i dont really fancy making another and then having to drink it again ^^ Ill do it for my 11:30 meal.

Thank you very much. I'm interested in making some protein shakes but I have no idea how to do it really so a simple guide would be very useful.

Mansize: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17898576

Edit: while im here ive got a question of sorts. While squatting today i noticed that most of the 'burn' seems to be on the inside of my legs, on the thighs right up near my crotch, is that where its supposed to be? I have quite a narrow stance when squatting, probably only a little bit wider than shoulder width. Are my legs not far enough apart or something? Im assuming i should be feeling at least something on my hamstrings...

Last edited:
just outside shoulders isnt narrow! do you have your toes pointing straight or slightly outwards?

only real thing i can think of is that is the weakest part of your quads atm, so it will get the most from the squat. once it is upto the same level as the rest of your quads it will all hurt the same ;]

He looks like hes having a seizure.

Is a MP flapjack an alright meal/snack thing at work? I have around 2x5min breaks at work the first one I have an MRP would a flapjack be alright for the other?

My diet at the mo is along these lines

Brekfast : Bowl of weetabix with whey shake (on lates I will have oats instead) plus omega 3 caps
1st 5min break : MRP
Lunch : Chicken salad/banana/few handfuls mixed nuts/seeds
2nd 5min break : can of tuna some mixed nuts/seeds
train - PWO Shake
Basmati rice/baked potatoe with chicken/beef
Whey shake with milk before bed

Any ideas what I can do to flavour the chicken as well? Plain chicken getting a bit boring and some of the spices I have im not to keen on.

I would call those more planche to handstand presses. When I was about 13 I could do 1 of those, although I don't think I would ever have tried more than 1. Oh to do now what I could do back then haha.

Quick question regarding deadlifts.

This exercise is quite a big back one yes? When watching vid of huge dls they appear to use a lot of back work with quite a small amount of drive from the legs. I feel im doing the same but also dont want to go injuring myself! Should I be feeling it in my back after my first heavy set? So paranoid about messing my self up on this.

dont use PL competition vids as guides to deadlifting, i really dont like the way they do them. more like sldl's some of them!

you are (im guessing) deadlifting to build muscle, not for pure strength, so do it as a bodybuilder would :]

Mansize: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17898576

Edit: while im here ive got a question of sorts. While squatting today i noticed that most of the 'burn' seems to be on the inside of my legs, on the thighs right up near my crotch, is that where its supposed to be? I have quite a narrow stance when squatting, probably only a little bit wider than shoulder width. Are my legs not far enough apart or something? Im assuming i should be feeling at least something on my hamstrings...

When I squat, often after the second set and when I leave the gym, that same region burns quite a lot too. I think its because its weaker, and inflexible. Its the day after that I feel it in my hamstrings and main quads.

Here's my most recent workout... weighing around the 64KG mark now I think.

23/07/08
Workout A - Heavy

Flat DB Press
15x25KG, 15x25KG - PB

Chins
15, 15

Seated DB Press
15x12.5KG, 11x15KG (D) 4x12.5KG

Close Grip Bench Press
15x44KG, 15x46.5KG - PB

DB Hammer Curls
15x10KG - PB

Bulgarian Split Squats

Bodyweight squats

(D) = Dropset

Good workout, was sweating like mad and the lack of air con in my garage certainly didn't help. Things are going well so far and i've got good expectations for this run of HST, i'm going to hit the OKG and a few other supplements just before I get to the 5 rep range to really try make the most out of it.

Thinking about testing the water with squatting again once I get onto the 10 rep range.

Nice work Wardie :)

I'm reaching the limits of my DBs at my gym, but I'm just concentrating on slow precise movements, locking out my core and not doing any cheating movements. That'll buy me some time I reckon. Our max DBs are 40kg.

My "for reps" weight has gone up a little in most things, for example 100kg BB is now an easy 10-12. BORs 100Kg again is an easy 10-12. Deadlifts, 150kg is an easy 10-12. So getting to a nice level. 200kg+ DLs are still around, and 140kg bench is still there. Squats for reps is now comfortable at 140-150. I just sometimes need to push myself to actually get to the gym!

Very nice dude :D

Just another 15 rep workout then it's onto the 3x10. The 15 rep phase really is quite strange/challenging, obviously you can't move as much weight but it's quite a mental challenge because the set goes on for quite long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom