For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of your colleagues have "fag breaks"? Tell your boss you're going for a "protein break" ;)

All none smokers :(

I don't understand why your boss would have a problem with you eating at your desk if it doesn't effect your work? I don't take a lunch break and just eat my food as and when at my desk where ever I'm working - even if the customer thinks I eat too much :P

He has a problem because he doesnt do it and neither does anyone else.

It's a policy here that no food is to be consumed at your desk.

I feel overall I've made decent progress despite my lack of energy. While I've not really grown in size over the past 4 Months I've firmed up a lot and looks more defined if only to my eye. Also I'm happy that I'm increasing my weights too :)

if your only gonna be consuming in work then bulk buy for now is pointless. In which case id look for something tasty like Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey. Both choc and strawberry are heaven.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=6676

And before anyone else chimes in with bulk unflavoured myprotein stuff remember that this guy will only be having a coupla a day at most and it might help him fit in at work if its a 'vitamin milkshake' rather than 'protein shake' which people think is basically steroids.

Far too much caffeine? rofl.
OMG ITS GOT TAURINE!!!!! so?
Taurine has been linked to increased risk of strokes, and hardening of the arterial walls. Just do a search for Redbull Health. It's also unwise to think drinking caffeine is good for a stimulant. All it does is trick your body into thinking it has more in the reserve tanks than it has. Asparteme also triggers the same reactions as having sugar would, so your body produces extra insulin, but because there isn't actually any sugar for it to break down, it stays in your system longer and is generally not good to 'provoke' the production of insulin without reason anyway, as your pancreas is under stress even on a healthy diet.

I'm at my desk anytime from 615am to 7am... if I couldn't at my desk I'd be screwed because I don't tend to leave till after 5pm at the earliest!! I munch all day pretty much! lol!

I know the feeling, it seems like I'm eating nearly all the time ...

Other people here do think its a bit strange sometiems that I'm always eating :p everyone eats once whilst they're here and I eat 2-3 times :D

And before anyone else chimes in with bulk unflavoured myprotein stuff remember that this guy will only be having a coupla a day at most and it might help him fit in at work if its a 'vitamin milkshake' rather than 'protein shake' which people think is basically steroids.

Why does it not make sense? ON is twice the price of MP - if it was a couple of quid either way you'd have a point................and since when have you wanted people to "fit in"? :p Lets face it people are gonna ask questions either way. If they mock then so be it but it'll be the those same people who are the first in line for advice when the results start to show ;)

I absolutely hate that stigma :( I always get funny looks if I'm walking from the gym to the station drinking a bottle I've purchased from the gym.

Why does it not make sense? ON is twice the price of MP - if it was a couple of quid either way you'd have a point................and since when have you wanted people to "fit in"? :p Lets face it people are gonna ask questions either way. If they mock then so be it but it'll be the those same people who are the first in line for advice when the results start to show ;)

Depends what you look like, if your big people will respect it and if they dont they are hardly gonna mock you unless they know you well enough and even then they'll be secretly jealous. If your at the start of your bulk from normal you will look like some wannabe "ooo look at mister muscle over there! Flash us a pose big guy! nar nar guffaw guffaw" etc hardly likely to keep you on track, bearing in mind 90%+ bodybuilders have low self esteem anyway. Plus ON tastes AWESOME might aswell get the lad something nice to drink! and a £33 pot will last a month on 2 a day/1 scoop.

Depends what you look like, if your big people will respect it and if they dont they are hardly gonna mock you unless they know you well enough and even then they'll be secretly jealous. If your at the start of your bulk from normal you will look like some wannabe "ooo look at mister muscle over there! Flash us a pose big guy! nar nar guffaw guffaw" etc hardly likely to keep you on track, bearing in mind 90%+ bodybuilders have low self esteem anyway. Plus ON tastes AWESOME might aswell get the lad something nice to drink! and a £33 pot will last a month on 2 a day/1 scoop.

I get this all the time in work but it just motivates me to prove them wrong. They all expect me to go massive in like 3 months but they cant understand it will take years. Plus they are jealous they haven't got the motivation or attitude to go through with something like this

Taurine has been linked to increased risk of strokes, and hardening of the arterial walls. Just do a search for Redbull Health. It's also unwise to think drinking caffeine is good for a stimulant. All it does is trick your body into thinking it has more in the reserve tanks than it has.

I didnt comment on aspartame, so no idea why you have gone on about that.

Like anything in life, excess is bad. there is nothing wrong with the amount of taurine in a can of redbull or in recommended supplementations. Hell, even mainstream moisturisers are now adding it in!!

I start the gym tonight, i'm primed to make some real progress. I think it's going to do me wonders compared to training at home.

Since i've not used machines at all i'll be making sensible use of a few because the change will force some growth.

legs tonight, can't wait to hit that leg press after squats ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom