For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stuck in a rut of playing computer games and eating junk food in the evenings rather than anything proactive.

As I'm on the computer allday at work then all evening I find it just consuming my life right now so I need to focus on something else. And getting my body in shape would be a good incentive to do this dedicated hard work.

Been lurking in these threads a while, picking up information.

I am going to attempt Gordy's beginners workout routine with a much better diet and see how I get on. It's a big lifestyle change. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks man.

I think I might struggle with some bad DOMS at first, and I really do enjoy my food so the endulgent desserts at the work cafeteria will be hard to suddenly resist.

I can easily binge a few thousand calories in one sitting so I have to be careful not to undo my hardwork and not get slack.

Will power!

I guess you take the diet and lifestyle for granted after a while and do not even think of it.

Strength is finally starting to go up nice now. Up to 100k x10 bench, still poor but getting there, 32.5k dumbells x 10 for shoulders as well, which is stil poor but much improved. Started squatting and deadlifting to, but obviously die to the op I had still very tentitiv when doing them, but im adding a little more weight each week, so they should be respectable in a month or 2.

Relieved im back into training properly after all that time off:D

01/10/08
Legs

Squat
5x50KG
5x70KG
4x70KG
4x70KG

Leg Press
10x50KG
12x80KG
12x100KG
12x100KG
10x120KG

Standing Machine Calf Raise
15x50KG
12x60KG
12x60KG
10x60KG

RDL
8x30KG
8x30KG

First session at JJB last night.

Keeping the reps low on the squat to try build my strength which is poor from months of not being able to do it.

First go on a leg press, I enjoyed being able to push without having to worry about the balance. I think the weight will increase on it fairly rapidly.

Not sure how much the bars weigh, they are thick oly bars but they don't feel like 20KG, so i'm saying they are 10.

Legs are a little tight today :)

I think i'm going to make some big progress over the next 10 weeks.

No I think they are only 10KG, certainly doesn't feel like 20KG.

It's hard to judge with something that's is that long.

See the problem with you Wardie is you don't know your own strength!! :D If its 10kgs that's 5kgs per hand. Think how light 5kgs feels! The length is deceiving but if you're still not convinced find the fixed weight barbells and pick up the 10kg and 20kg. You'll soon realise your oly bars are 20kgs ;) :p

i got a pro oly bar the other day, figured it would be 20kg but according to the packaging it is 17.5kg net. So perhaps those are the same?

On second thoughts if i got some 1.25kg collars that would sort it! Go me! Go maths!

I didnt comment on aspartame, so no idea why you have gone on about that.
Because it's in Redbull :)
Like anything in life, excess is bad. there is nothing wrong with the amount of taurine in a can of redbull or in recommended supplementations. Hell, even mainstream moisturisers are now adding it in!!
True, but I really don't like Taurine. Even small doses can lead to stiffening of arterial walls. :)

Thanks man.

I think I might struggle with some bad DOMS at first, and I really do enjoy my food so the endulgent desserts at the work cafeteria will be hard to suddenly resist.

I can easily binge a few thousand calories in one sitting so I have to be careful not to undo my hardwork and not get slack.

Will power!

I guess you take the diet and lifestyle for granted after a while and do not even think of it.
Best of luck. :)

I was in the same boat, eating convenient but crap food etc. Within a couple of months of training my decisions and outlook on food shifted more from "mm yummy" to "that'll be good fuel"

I still look out for tasty meals, but my tastes have drastically changed. Fast food just doesn't taste good to me any more, compared to a nice grilled chicken breast with roasted veggies and a dollop of creme fraiche. And Broccoli, christ I can't get enough :D I also enjoy poking around the shops/markets picking out my fruit/veg and meat from the butchers. :)

I swear that this was not 'forced' but just 'happened' as part of me training, i.e. I didn't force myself not to eat crap, it just came with. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom