For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that CNP Pro Slam yesterday before my workout (the single tubes were on offer in the town), what a load of rubbish. The tubes could be handy with the missus though :D

Gonna try BSD Reloaded at some point though, gets very good reviews.

Seeing as we are on the topic of supplements. Just thought i'd add that I have been using the suplement "surge" by biotest and its the best post workout recovery drink I have had by a mile. Tastes amazing and my recovery is far far better than it was before.
I bought it after looking at John Berardi's site and he reccommends it on there. Yeh i know he would be plugging it because he helped develop it, but i think it deserves all the praise he gives it. Only down side though is its price £32 for a 1k tub:(, but im such a fan of it so far that i dont mind paying the price, i dont mind paying for something that is worth it.

Started my new routine on Monday, it's a 4 day upper/lower split for strength and size.

Upper A (4x6)
Incline DB Bench
Dips
Seated Cable Row
T-Bar Rows

Lower A (5x5)
Squat
RDL
Calf Raise

Upper B (3x10-12)
Chest Press
Lat Pulldown
Shoulder movement of some sort
Curls
Pushdowns

Lower B (3x10-15)
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Calf Raise

Chest day today, started with bench press first 120kg x 8, 150kg x 8. Then spotted by my friend 170kg 2 x 4, 185kg 2 x 2, attempted 190kg but failed miserably got it off the hook, all the way down to the point of no return lol.

Strong bench there Tank - Impressive indeed! :cool:

Well I've been a bit slack over the past week or two as I've just been so busy with work. I have been doing as much as I can, but only for short 30 min sessions maybe 3 times max a week and even then, that's over a period of about 10 days, my diet was all over the place too as again working 14-16+ hours a day is just destroying (both soul and physical). However things are getting back on track, the major part of hte project is now complete, it's just smoothing out the teething problems and settling into the post project completion phase... I can now get back to hardcore training.

I shan't post my past workouts, but they generally have been push/pull at about my 70% of my 1RM aiming for a minimum of 8reps, this goes from DLs, to powercleans, to weighted pull ups and flat bench... just the main core exercises to keep me going. Nothing spectacular to report.

Monday:

Incline DB Bench:

12x22.5kg
10x25kg
10x30kg
10x35kg
8x35kg
8x40kg
5x40kg
12x25kg

Dips:

8xBW
8xBW
8xBW+5kg
8xBW+10kg
8xBW+15kg

DB Pull overs:

5x8x35kg

Incline Flies:

12x12.5kg
10x15kg
10x17.5kg
8x20kg
5x22.5kg
10x15kg

BB Standing curls:

5x10x30kg

supersetted with hammer curls:

5x10x15kg DBs

Cable curls:

10x6plates
10x8plates
10x10plates
8x12plates
6x15plates

And that's that for today.

Felt bloody brilliant. Pumped, strong and just wanted more. The only thing that brought me home, was food! Hopefully this is a shape of things to come.

I'm still desperately trying to get to 220lbs staying as lean as I am now (you've seen my pics, you can see my serratus which I want to improve on but keep at this level or less but prefer to be on the bulky side anyway rather than stupidly cut). I'm hovering around 210lbs at the moment still relatively lean but I now feel the hunger and determination to JFDI. Hopefully I'll succeed in becoming most beast like.

I also want to achieve double bodyweight bench, and squats which I haven't yet. DLs would be nice to get to 250kg (on 210 a the moment). A long way to go, but I've found my motivation back which is a relief - I'm now bloodthirsty for the gym and just hope i can dedicate time to getting there.

Wednesday's workout:

Powercleans:

10x60kg
10x70kg
8x80kg
8x90kg
3x100kg
3x100kg

Arnies:

10x19kg
10x22.5kg
10x25kg
8x27.5kg
6x30kg

Deadlift:

10x100kg
10x120kg
8x130kg
8x150kg
5x170kg
10x100kg

DB Lateral Raises:

10x12kg
10x15kg
8x17.5kg
5x20kg
8x15kg
8x12kg

A quick warm down with HC2PP:

3x6x60kg.

That's it, however I felt strong, focused and happy. I'm slowly getting my strength back, as well as my stamina and "hunger" for the gym. I wanted to stay longer but I was hungry!

Legs tomorrow - can't wait!

I'll echo the comments about your bench Tank, very very impressive!

A long way to go, but I've found my motivation back which is a relief - I'm now bloodthirsty for the gym and just hope i can dedicate time to getting there.
I'm the complete opposite. Haven't been to the gym for weeks, been eating crap and my training partner's buggered off to Australia for a year. Going to start back on Monday but I don't have an ounce of motivation :(

I'm going to try and hit the gym three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) and I'll be using 5x5 for the big three and 3x8 or 3x12 for everything else.

Monday
--------
Squats 5x5
Front Squats 3x8
Leg Curls 3x8
Calf Raises 3x12
Crunches 3x12

Wednesday
-----------
Flat Barbell Bench 5x5
Incline Dumbbell Bench 3x8
Dumbbell Press 3x8
Dips 3x8

Friday
------
Deadlifts 5x5
Wide Grip Pull-ups 3x8
T-Bar Rows 3x8
Dumbbell Curls 3x12
Crunches 3x12

Im going to be starting the next phase of my bulk soon. My strength is nearly up there now and ive put on some good weight. So im going to be upping my calories in the next couple of weeks or so, and wanted some oipinions.

Current Diet is:

Wake 30g whey protein powder in water

Breakfast 6.30am Porridge: 70g oats + 200ml skimmed milk + 1 tsp sugar
6 x liquid egg whites 200ml fresh fruit juice

8.30am 150g chicken breast
40g basmati rice or 40g wholewheat pasta
100g low fat natural yoghurt
Item fruit
Drink water

11.30am Oat shake: 50g oats + 30g whey protein powder in water
Handful mixed nuts
Item fruit
Drink water

Lunch 1.30pm 150g tuna / mackerel / salmon
1 x wholemeal pitta
Mixed salad + tbsp sunflower seeds
Drink water

45 mins pre workout 75g mackerel fillet
2 oatcakes + peanut butter
Item fruit
Drink water

Immediately post workout 2 scoops of Surge

Evening Meal 45 mins later 150g chicken breast
3x small sweet potato
Loads of veg
Drink water

7.30pm 40g muesli + 200ml skimmed milk
80g chicken / turkey breast
Banana

Bedtime 30g whey protein powder in 100ml skimmed milk

So im going to be adding an extra 1000 calories on top of that in a form of a drink (James super smoothie over on MT) and sip on that througout the day to bump up my calories. And im going to add another 2 egg whites for breakfast. I have also started drinking a shake while i am training (which is an extra 150 calories)

The smoothie consists of:

1 tbsp linseeds, ground
400ml skimmed milk
1 medium banana
3 apples
3 heaped tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
100g organic jumbo oats
1 heaped tbsp of activated barley powder
3 scoops maltodextrin powder
3 scoops whey protein powder
1 tbsp wheat grass

What does everyone think?