For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice powercleaning FF. I've swapped them out for deadlifting this program and really missing them.

They are the absolute daddy of exercise imo

Hey guys, I'll post my weekly workout and see if you can spot anything I should change improve? I'm aiming to possibly go back into the Army after I finish University, been doing the below now for almost a year, although the past month been off because of moving house and settling in so just getting back into it now.
Monday

Treadmill - 1.5 Mile Best Effort

3x10 120KG Leg Press
3x10 55KG Leg Extension
3x10 55KG Chest Press
3x10 65KG Lat Pulls
3x10 40KG Shoulder Press
3x10 35KG Cable Rope Push Downs (& straight after each set) 3x10 20KG Cable Rope Push Downs
3x10 55KG Outer Thighs
3x10 55KG Inner Thigh

Wednesday

3x10 7.5KG Bicep Curl
3x10 10KG Shoulder Press
3x10 5KG Lateral Raise

(Only started using free weights this month, Wed used to be the same as Monday)

Friday

2x 40 Pressups
2x 40 Twist Stomach Crunch
2x 40 Tricep Dip
2x 40 Walking Lunge
2x 40 Stomach Crunch
2x 40 One Legged Squat
2x 40 Dorsal Raise

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'll post my weekly workout and see if you can spot anything I should change improve? I'm aiming to possibly go back into the Army after I finish University, been doing the below now for almost a year, although the past month been off because of moving house and settling in so just getting back into it now.

Monday

3x 120KG Leg Press
3x 55KG Leg Extension
3x 55KG Chest Press
3x 65KG Lat Pulls
3x 40KG Shoulder Press
3x 35KG Cable Rope Push Downs
3x 20KG Cable Rope Push Downs
3x 55KG Outer Thighs
30x 55KG Inner Thigh

Wednesday

3x 7.5KG Bicep Curl
3x 10KG Shoulder Press
3x 5KG Lateral Raise

(Only started using free weights this month, Wed used to be the same as Monday)

Friday

2x 40 Pressups
2x 40 Twist Stomach Crunch
2x 40 Tricep Dip
2x 40 Walking Lunge
2x 40 Stomach Crunch
2x 40 One Legged Squat
2x 40 Dorsal Raise

Ok, what are you training for? If you are doing all of that just to raise your BPM and to lose some fat or weight then if it works great.
If you are aiming to build some muscle or to become stronger (be it raw strength or explosive strength), then i cant imagine its doing anything at all for you.

Give them time to recover, remember that doing certain compound exercises do involve the bicep so they will indirectly get a work out too. I only do a couple of sets of bis every week and yet still have 17.5" biceps - there's more to it that just caning them all the time, it's how you cane them ;)

Random point - if you want big arms, get big tri's :D

s0ck - i think hes around 96-100kg (atleast thats how it felt when he was on my knee!)

Random point - if you want big arms, get big tri's :D

s0ck - i think hes around 96-100kg (atleast thats how it felt when he was on my knee!)

LOL! :D :D

Good point yes, big arms = bi tris for sure, too many people concentrate on bis which is daft, but they are aesthetically pleasing for most people, I'm still trying to achieve the 18" target!

s0ck, I'm 1m85 @96.5 at the moment, though I'm aiming at keeping at or hopefully below 13% at 100kg. :)

On free weights are you just doing a few reps of each ?

Have a look at GordyRs sticky, lots of good advice in there.

What are your targets?

Yeah, I'm just getting used to using them at the moment and slowly building up the weight on each arm.

Ok, what are you training for? If you are doing all of that just to raise your BPM and to lose some fat or weight then if it works great.
If you are aiming to build some muscle or to become stronger (be it raw strength or explosive strength), then i cant imagine its doing anything at all for you.

Well training mostly for possibly going back in the Army, but I would like larger muscles of course because they'll help me day to day when I go back in. Is that regime not hard enough to be developing those muscles ^ ^

Simply no.

Your want to base your routine around big compound exercises, ones that use as many muscles as possible, while also working your core.

squats
deadlift(s) / power cleans
standing shoulder press
dips
chins / pullups
bench work
rows

forget biceps and triceps for now. big movements is what you want :]

Simply no.

Your want to base your routine around big compound exercises, ones that use as many muscles as possible, while also working your core.

squats
deadlift(s) / power cleans
standing shoulder press
dips
chins / pullups
bench work
rows

forget biceps and triceps for now. big movements is what you want :]

Hey, what if I add these into Mondays session and do one week of those and a week of the other? Or will I need to do more of them to get a effect? I do standing shoulder press at the moment which I find is a lot harder than the machine that does it, but I'll include some of these in my workout and see how they go.

What about the rest of it? It kinda seems like there's not much point for me doing it from what you've said lol, as it'll only burn a bit of fat off ... which I'm not really concerned about because I'm not really overweight lol.

Clipsey, I was knackered after all them PBs, but I do agree that seated calf raise isn't great.

Someone was using the standing calf raise and leg press sooo

Ahh fair enough mate. Hate that, end of a session one exercise left and someone is on it. I just find that the weight digs into the top of my knees/thighs. Putting 40kg on each side just hurts :(

What are you thinking of doing in the army. When i did my basic it was all about press ups, sit ups, and running with weight. I wish i would have bulked up a bit before i did mine, would have helped me a lot with weight. :)

Well I used to be in as a Signaller, but was going to deploy with the Infantry so needed to be able to keep up with them. To be honest the Army's the only real place where I've learnt about fitness, so most of my workouts are based around that. Of course anything I do now will make it easier for when I go back in.

Well I used to be in as a Signaller, but was going to deploy with the Infantry so needed to be able to keep up with them. To be honest the Army's the only real place where I've learnt about fitness, so most of my workouts are based around that. Of course anything I do now will make it easier for when I go back in.

From the bits of infantry stuff ive done, the gym will definitely help.
Get your self a good burgen and just get used to running with it everyday, atleast get used to getting sores every where again :D

Hey, what if I add these into Mondays session and do one week of those and a week of the other? Or will I need to do more of them to get a effect? I do standing shoulder press at the moment which I find is a lot harder than the machine that does it, but I'll include some of these in my workout and see how they go.

What about the rest of it? It kinda seems like there's not much point for me doing it from what you've said lol, as it'll only burn a bit of fat off ... which I'm not really concerned about because I'm not really overweight lol.

Go read the sticky at the top :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom