For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you can clean and you can standing shoulder press, then you can hc2pp.
just remember that you need to use the weight that you can press rather than clean :p

oh, remember its a push press, so can use a bit of leg drive :D

Anyone else know what I should adjust my workouts to, for better muscle ... I was thinking just adding more weight with less reps for a few weeks once I get the muscle built up to do so.

just remember that you need to use the weight that you can press rather than clean :p

Well I haven't done a clean before but I've been watching some videos. Going to give it a try soon. What do you normally train along side the hang clean and press?

Some good advice on the old legs there chaps :D

Will do 5x6 tonight and throw in some SLDLs also.

Really stoked with lifting at the moment, been looking forward to leg day all week, i love having the day off afterwards means you can really push yourself.

Lol I think i would be in a bad way if i tried that:eek:.

Hey guys just a bit of advice, Ive been hammering my workouts recently and now i have a pain in my left forearm everytime i do bicep stuff, so have i over trained and pulled somat? should i go easy for a while if so how long cheers.

Doing squats now in the power cage.
I do them till my calfs are just about touching my hamstrings, so low enough to feel it in my glutes.

Did 5x70, 6x90, 5x90, 2x80.

Good for the first few weeks of squatting? I'm 75kgs and ~5'11.

The time before I got a kinda pinching pain in the skin between my hip and obliques. Didn't feel like it was the muscle, but what could it have been? Not a hernia I don't think as no bump or pain afterwards.

I'm making sure I warm up abs etc lots though now.

Leg session last night was awesome! Did 5x6 on all excercise, didnt get as out of breath only doing 6 reps and at the end could really feel the muscles working harder. Which can only be good :)

Chest n shoulders n tris today :D cant wait!

Did some squats and goodmorning on wednesday and my legs are still dying now..

Decided to do some 'quater squats' with a heavy weight (heavy for me)

warmed up 30kg,60kg, 80kg (12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps all atg)
then did:
110kg x 10, 110kg x 10, 100kg x 10

I ended up going reasonably low.. Not ass to grass but getting pretty close to parrallel.. Certainly felt the strain getting back up after about 5 reps :D

Last couple of reps on the last set required some gental help from my spotter :p

Going to be doing some sumo deads on sunday :p

An odd thing I found out..
I've got a funny feeling my CGBP 1rm is on par to my normal BP 1rm..
I was doing sets of 8 with 72.5kg which works out at about 90kg in the 1rm calculator.. I'm pretty sure I do about the same with normal bench..

I know that in my body my shoulders are the weakest point..
While my back, chest and tris dominate.

How crutial are strong shoulders in a good bench? I feel thats whats letting me down!

I think I may well learn bench press the powerlifters way..

Last edited:
Gareth.e - Dont do squats other than to parallel or below, end of story, no debate, its plain wrong. You will go higher and higher with more and more weight and be just another moron with crap form.

Go a2g and lift what you can

Shoulders play a large part in benching, good front delts and a good connection between the pecs and delts is a must. Heavy flyes will help here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom