For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh what a nightmare. struggling to find a cheap gym. the local small gym wants £50 for a single month, its small and probably wont be good enough for what i want, or, esporta want £58. What a joke! £8 less for 1/10th of a gym in comparison. Almost making me pay esporta :/

I sometimes make little grunts when doing squats :o :(

But I was at a gym the other day in the legs room and other guys were doing it too :p

....Although one of them then proceeded to do some bicep curls in the squatting rack :eek::eek::eek:

edit: I did 4 sets of 90kg (10,10,10,6 reps) and it felt HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like I was going colapse near the end of the second set! Then almost did once I got to 10 on the 3rd set :( then on the fourth I just decided to rack it as my hip was being weird..

Last edited:
That's crazy.

I pay £32.50 a month at my local JJB gym. It's very nice inside, decent selection of free weights/machines. Couple of squat racks. Loads of cardio poop, swimming pool, hot tubs, steam room.

Not that I bother but all the classes are free too.

Got some dude in at the moment who insists on shouting "PUSSY WEIGHT" "YOU CAN DO IT PUSSY" to himself before every set. Also likes to leg press with 600+kg and use a 1inch range of motion then shout "20 REPS WITH 600KG, EASY".

I bet if you were to ask him his best squat he'd say 600kg as well "cos they're the pretty much the same lift" :p

That's crazy.

I pay £32.50 a month at my local JJB gym. It's very nice inside, decent selection of free weights/machines. Couple of squat racks. Loads of cardio poop, swimming pool, hot tubs, steam room.

Not that I bother but all the classes are free too.

this is for a one off month though.
for a 1 year contract it drops to £39, for a 2 year contract it drops to £24.

i could never justify these prices over some decent home kit. My whole gym is pretty comprehensive and only about 1200 quids worth and wil last me ages (the powertec stuff is guaranteed for life!)

few bicep curls and maybe some machine chest pressing. also some of those leg extension things

If I were you I'd buy some 'protein shakes'. You can get it from Holland and Barratt (theirs is the best). You can't go wrong with it. Drink that once a day and then carry on your routine (which I think is excellent, though I agree with the post above; what about SITUPS!? you'll never get those abs otherwise) and you will be grand.

If I were you I'd buy some 'protein shakes'. You can get it from Holland and Barratt (theirs is the best). You can't go wrong with it. Drink that once a day and then carry on your routine (which I think is excellent, though I agree with the post above; what about SITUPS!? you'll never get those abs otherwise) and you will be grand.

Dont forget what the nice man at the gym said when you were last there you need to throw a few D Ballz down your neck once or twice a day as well for a little perk up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom