For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you reached 1000 curls in a session?

You want to add some sit-ups in as well, im up to 450 atm.

Oh ****, how did i forget the crunches!!

No mirror poses? lol

Presume your gonna do some cardio to keep the chrimbo flab at bay yeah?

well, this gym is on the main street through a town, of which, its the bottom floor and seemingly always has its blinds wide open for the world to see in. So poses are a must!! haha

Essentially i am not working at the mo, so im with the wife and boy all week, i dont need to be paying for a long term gym membership that i wont use. just need some weights and a xtrainer a few times a week until im working away again :D

If I were you I'd buy some 'protein shakes'. You can get it from Holland and Barratt (theirs is the best). You can't go wrong with it. Drink that once a day and then carry on your routine (which I think is excellent, though I agree with the post above; what about SITUPS!? you'll never get those abs otherwise) and you will be grand.

H&B eh, they are a fantastic shop! :D thanks for the tip :D :D

i could never justify these prices over some decent home kit. My whole gym is pretty comprehensive and only about 1200 quids worth and wil last me ages (the powertec stuff is guaranteed for life!)

I was quite interested in the Powertec home gym range until I saw that you couldn't really stress out the equipment much:o. So I went with Body solids commercial range great equipment!:cool:

I was quite interested in the Powertec home gym range until I saw that you couldn't really stress out the equipment much:o. So I went with Body solids commercial range great equipment!:cool:

yeah it'll never touch commercial gear but most of the truly heavy lifting is floor+bar related. Ive stuck 400kg on the rack holders and it looks solid (ill never squat that) the lat tower machine offers very little in the way of assistance, to put into perspective the most i can lat pull on the tower is 65kg for a couple but i can chin with a 10kg disc on me (about 115-125kg total) so i doubt ill hit the 200kg rating on anything but the low row (which i can barely muster 100 from).

If you were talking about the leverage kit then i dont know how that stuff holds up

Where's the cheapest place where I can get some isolate protein (unflavoured would do)? My whey is about to run out and my dad started going to the gym again so he needs some and unfortunately he's lactose intolerant (didn't get that passed on to me thankfully).

Yeah I know about myprotein, it's just that I don't really know any other supplement websites so wondering if there's anything cheaper out there.

Todays Session

Flat BB
12*50
8*60
8*67.5
6*70

Close Grip BB

8*55
8*50
8*50

Incline DB Press

8*23 Strange this week could only manage 23kg as opposed to 25kg lastweek
8*23
8*23

I am gonna start training my shoulders on legs day from now on feel I will
benefit more from moving it.

Went to do some dips but my triceps just felt smashed.

Is there anything else I could add to this day without over training?

Just been trying to work on my legs and abs today, quite hard to work on the legs...As people have said you use the thing's everyday, that and I cycle every so often so that helps a fair amount...

Certainly got an exercise to sort my calves out for now.

What do people mainly do for they're thighs and glutes? That sort of area?

changing mine to the below monday

WO A
flat DB press
inc DB press last as drop set
weighted dips last BW to fail
DB flys
bi work

WO B
squats
RDL’s
calf raise
DB shoulder press last as drop set
DB raises

WO C
deads
BOR’s
lower back ext
chins/lats wide grip
tri work

exc warm up sets will 4*8 on most

Not really posted anything about my sessions before but had quite a good one tonight so thought I'd post it up to get some opinions...

Deadlifts
3x8 140KG
1x10 110KG (back felt like it might go)

Seated Rows (Cable Machine)
3x15 75Kg

DB Bent Over Rows
3x12 35Kg (Each arm)
1x8 40KG (each arm) <- PB :D

DB Shrugs
15x40Kg

Weighted Calf Raises
3 x 15 70kg