For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would that not have a tendency to slip? Just saw a video of it, and it does put a bit of pressure on it so I presume it wouldn't slip if enough tension was holding it...

@ Morba: How does that one fit then? Theres no info on that page (However i've only really opened the link) I'll have a look around anyway.

Heh, theres this one as well: http://chinups.co.uk/ ....But it looks as if the frame is just going to rip off :p

I've got that and its great ... works perfectly for me and my door is still in one piece :p

I've got that and its great ... works perfectly for me and my door is still in one piece :p

Which one? There's too many replies :(

If you're looking for a pull up bar I'd suggest this one www.getirongym.com - no bolts/screws or anything needed - similar to the one above but sounds better :D

Hah, sounds funny, the vid is amusing too :p

The above one is a bit like the link I posted a few replies ago....But probably better...who knows.

My only issue is the fact my door is by the wall....The irongym one looks like it will fit however...shame about the money :p

Destroyed myself on the bench press today, finally getting the hang of barbell bench press after many years!

Flat bb bench
90 x 12
100 x 10
110 x 5 PB
120 x 2 PB

Dips

5 x BW
8 x BW
5 x BW

Incline bb Bench

60 x 12
70 x 8
80 x 5 PB
80 x 3

Tricep PD's

35 x 12
40 x 10
45 x 5

Doesnt seem like a lot written down but the pressing was all really heavy compared to what im used to. Really glad to be climbing up the bench ladder cant believe the difference to strength a few hormones make! No wonder its considered cheating :o!

Would that not have a tendency to slip? Just saw a video of it, and it does put a bit of pressure on it so I presume it wouldn't slip if enough tension was holding it...

@ Morba: How does that one fit then? Theres no info on that page (However i've only really opened the link) I'll have a look around anyway.

there are 6 screws but most of the weight isnt on those.

i chose that one because of the weight that it will take (300lb iirc, im about 280).

where my post go?

Ultra - do you really think you are getting the hang of benching or would you say its purely the additional supps?

I would say the 'supps' are making massive differences but yeah there is a degree of mental accuity thats developed where i can focus better on the core muscles, but again this might be related to the juice. I think the biggest improvment has been the strengthening of my anterior delts, i have been working on these for ages and now i find the bench doesnt hurt my shoulders like it used to, feels much more solid and steady and i feel i can put much more power into it.

All my bench numbers are still super wide grip pinky against the rack, index finger outside the snatch rings, to be honest though ive tried more standard width gripping and it doesnt make a lot of difference for me.

Well, got to the gym again this morning...I love early morning sessions as it's virtually empty, pity I can't do them around work.

Work out as follows:

10 minutes heavy bag work

3 x 8 One arm db rows
3 x 8 Bent over rows (BB)
3 x 8 BB Shrugs
3 x 8 High Rows (on a resistance machine, like shoulder width chin ups but pals face each other)
3 x 8 Rear delt raises
I then did a few plate pinch grips.

Chest is quite sore from yesterday..god I miss it :D.

I have seen squats done using a bench as a guide IE when your ass hits the bench you rise back up again, I like the idea of this as a safety precaution. What do you lot think about this?

Box Squats? You've got to be careful you don't sit down too hard with a heavy weight with compressing your lower spine as you get to the "box" - for lighter squats definitely good for form development.

Do you think this would be good for me as I'm not a confidant squatter?

I think they are quite good personally however make sure the bench is low enough for you to be parallel or more.. My friend finds them easy as he's a short arse where as I end up in the 'hole'

... But yes for confidence I think they are great! :)

edit:although what sort of weight are you using...?

I think they are quite good personally however make sure the bench is low enough for you to be parallel or more.. My friend finds them easy as he's a short arse where as I end up in the 'hole'

... But yes for confidence I think they are great! :)

edit:although what sort of weight are you using...?

200 kilos +.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom