For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone guesstimate my bf levels please, according to the scales in bathroom its like 20% :|

10122008117.jpg

10122008118.jpg

Pics are hard to get :'(

Got to the gym tonight, picked up one of the dumbbells to start my inclines and couldn't be bothered to pick up the other one. Ended up staying on the bench for 20 minutes before going home.

Bench
100kg x 8
100kg x 7
95kg x 8
90kg x 8
85kg x 8
80kg x 8
75kg x 8
70kg x 8
65kg x 8
60kg x 8

I've been feeling very fatigued after my leg session on Mondays and I don't seem to be recovering in time for my chest session on Wednesdays. Thought I could get away with eating at maintenance level (2400kcals) and still push myself a reasonable amount three times a week but obviously not :o

I've been feeling very fatigued after my leg session on Mondays and I don't seem to be recovering in time for my chest session on Wednesdays. Thought I could get away with eating at maintenance level (2400kcals) and still push myself a reasonable amount three times a week but obviously not :o

Swap the routine round perhaps?

i'm still sorting out what exercises I'm doing every other day, following the sticky for basics then using other guides as well.

Obviously I'm a major newen to all of this though.

If they just mean no excessive grunting then I'm in full agreement. It's a pet hate of mine when people grunt like they are transforming into the hulk but when you look over they are just posing or haven't even begun lifting.

edit: Just breezed over their rules, and I lol'd at the last one: "No expressions of masculinity" it's a fair enough rule, but it gave me the image of big, bulging hulks skipping and flouncing around the gym with limp wrists :D

Last edited:
It's fair enough... a lot of gyms simply can't cater just for "hardcore" bodybuilding / powerlifters.

They would alienate a lot of women if they were to walk in and see a hardcore gym with loads of guys dicking about / grunting.

I've seen it first hand, we've lost about 19 women this year due to how our gym is run. I don't mind that personally but it's a very small gym so this is quite a drop in cash for the owner I'd imagine. (£27.50 a month for 19 women over the year...).

Plus grunting isn't really essential is it? It's normally done by people who just want attention and people to watch their (mostly likely) crap form and heavy weight.

Got some dude in at the moment who insists on shouting "PUSSY WEIGHT" "YOU CAN DO IT PUSSY" to himself before every set. Also likes to leg press with 600+kg and use a 1inch range of motion then shout "20 REPS WITH 600KG, EASY".

Everyone wants to drop the nut on him and I won't be suprised if it happens soon....

Got into the gym at 8.40 this morning for an earlier than normal session...boy was it cold, there was so much frost on the paths and cars it almost looked like a layer of snow!

Legs today:

3 x 8 Squats (Lowered weight and did some full squats for the first time on my own...scary even with a squat rack)
3 x 8 Deadlifts
3 x 8 Leg Curls
3 x 8 Leg Extensions
3 x 8 Hyperextensions

I came out of the gym feeling physically sick, also stood up far too quickly after my second set of deadlifts and almost blacked out, music got quieter, tunnel vision...luckily I managed to find a bench before it finding me! :o

He sounds lovely...

The only time 'grunting' is feasible, is when you are doing a heavy lift, because it 'can' help, it's almost like an extra large version for exhaling air.

But still, I can see why it isn't 'allowed' in some gyms, because they literally aren't made for it.

Got some dude in at the moment who insists on shouting "PUSSY WEIGHT" "YOU CAN DO IT PUSSY" to himself before every set. Also likes to leg press with 600+kg and use a 1inch range of motion then shout "20 REPS WITH 600KG, EASY".

Ha ha! That's sounds hilarious! You should film him and stick it on YouTube - instant hit!

Quick question... is taking a multi-vitamin, glucosamine and omega 3 supps together first thing in a morning with breakfast bad for you in any way?

No I really don't think so. I take Multi-vit, green tea extract and Omega 3 every morning and have seen no side effects. Glucosamine isn't anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom