For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using pulldowns to build up some strength so I can finally do some chins and it is working slowly but I also sometimes hit my bi's harder than my back.

Never mind though I came in here to show you my new power rack!

img4091largejj8.jpg

I'm using pulldowns to build up some strength so I can finally do some chins and it is working slowly but I also sometimes hit my bi's harder than my back.

Never mind though I came in here to show you my new power rack!

Love it, although it doesn't look overly sturdy in that pic?

Well... just spent 200 notes on protein... should keep me going for a few months. Thinking about doing a 4 week v-diet as well, and hopefully dip under 16stone for the first time since i was about 15

Well... just spent 200 notes on protein... should keep me going for a few months. Thinking about doing a 4 week v-diet as well, and hopefully dip under 16stone for the first time since i was about 15

how tall are you m8y? I weighed in today at 17st 9 (113kg/250lbs) which was rather more than i expected to be especially as im getting fairly lean these days.

Me too.

You want to buy it first and see if it's any good? :p

The powertec lat towers are great, i have one on my power rack (not quite the same but basically the same thing using the same parts for the same price from the same company lol!

I love it, no way a decent sized bloke can get proper back work with chins alone. Worthy if not mandatory addition to any home setup.

The powertec lat towers are great, i have one on my power rack (not quite the same but basically the same thing using the same parts for the same price from the same company lol!

I love it, no way a decent sized bloke can get proper back work with chins alone. Worthy if not mandatory addition to any home setup.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm around 6'3" and the lack of muscle on anything but my chest is embarrassing.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm around 6'3" and the lack of muscle on anything but my chest is embarrassing.

Dont get me wrong, you can get a great back with deads, shrug variations and rows. But to get a big back with good symmetry a cable system is a must. I just wish i was lean enough to see how big my back is, all i know is i can rip clothing if i flex it which is kinda funny :D

I don't know about that. Over the last 6 months i've completely dropped pulldowns (was about 110kg at the time so fairly big) and concentrated on chins/pullups. Starting with lots of negs. Basically i'd do 5 sets of 5 with just negs. Now i can do 5 sets of 5 full chins. Next step is to get 5 sets of 5 wide grip pullups. In that time i've done no pulldowns at all and my lats are noticably bigger and stronger now, compared to when i relied on pulldowns for lat work. Worthy maybe, but by no means mandatory (and definitely not worth £300 imo).

Disclaimer. Results may vary ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom