• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

For those who dislike nvidia, why do you keep buying nvidia and not amd?

I had a brief flirtation with AMD when I couldn't get hold of a 3080.
A 7800XT had to go back with artefacts after a couple of weeks.
Then a 7900XT started off well enough, but I ended up with black screens due to (most likely) driver instability and Windows 11.
Current 4080 is rock solid.

Last edited:
I used to tend to buy AMD/ATI back in the day most of the time as their price to performance was really good. The 290 was the last AMD card I owned as they stopped making anything worth buying in my performance slot really.
I went to a 980ti which was a mess driver wise, worst card I've had for driver issues but it eventually got sorted and was then a good card eventually, altho I know i was doing it wrong. I should have shouted down nvidia and vow never to buy anything from them again touting awfuil drivers for the next 20 years. :p
Replaced it with a 1080ti which was fantastic, and thats what I've used up until late last year because there was nothing on the market sensible enough replace it with.
There were some, I won't say good, but more reasonable deals on amd cards so went to a 6800xt and I couldn't be happier with it no issues at all, and their Adrenaline software is night and day better than that crappy thing nvidia still call a control panel.

Back
Top Bottom