Force India

Soldato
I have no idea how I missed that LOL! What a numpty.

Sounds like there is a consortium of business men wanting to inject money to make the drinks company hit the big time. I think the problem may be if the company doesn't hit the big time, what then?

I guess Sergio is going to struggle for a drive if rich energy take over :D

Soldato
They want to be the next red bull but are forgetting that Red Bull was already a huge brand before it got involved in high level motorsport.

It’s a competitive market too. RB and monster have it tied up I think with the relentless’ of the world following behind. Still, I’d rather have more teams than less so hopefully they will remain.

Transmission breaker
Don
Its clearly a viable business model for a drinks company, at least in theory.
Already just by being in the process they have gained HUGE levels of media exposure.
If they want to get bigger and have the backing, it can work..

Soldato
I like the want to own FI and emulate red bull rather than just sticking their name on as a small sponsor. They would probably coincide the ownership of the F1 car with a ramp up in drinks production.

It’s quite a good idea to be fair as they will effectively be battling/piggybacking with red bull. If the stuff tastes good then they’ve got a chance of itnall taking off. There’s also a decent chance of the whole thing flopping and investors pulling out. Whereas I suspect Stroll has deep pockets that can keep on giving as and when he wants so he would be a much more stable/reliable investor.

Soldato
I got the impression they’re been trying to buy not sponsor FI? The £30m was to prevent them going in to administration wasn’t it?

Soldato
I'm glad the 400 jobs were saved for all the FI staff, but I'm now sad that Stroll is going to have a multi-year career even though he's a ****-poor driver with a worse attitude.

Still, the bigger picture is that there will be at least 1 worthwhile extra seat available on the grid in 2019, which will probably be Perez's again in order to keep some stability in the team. Also good is that Mallya and all his dirty little dealings are finally out of F1. He made Briatore look like a saint.

*edit*
It appears Stroll Snr made his money importing fashion house goods to the US, so I'd expect to see more sponsors such as Michael Kors, Pierre Cardin and Ralpha Lauren appear on FI cars in short order.

Transmission breaker
Don
It will be a new name, one of Force India's biggest problems was the lack of sponsor interest with a nationally divisive name.
(Rightly or wrongly)
It will be kept quiet until the website is sorted and then hopefully they can avoid the cyber squatter issue they had last time they tried to change.
I doubt stroll will be in the title, at least I hope not!

Soldato
I'm glad the 400 jobs were saved for all the FI staff, but I'm now sad that Stroll is going to have a multi-year career even though he's a ****-poor driver with a worse attitude.
Hate his attitude and generally don't like him, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off Stroll. I remember a certain Pedro Diniz. Terrible driver, with no reputation in the lower formulas and less reputation for his one and a half seasons in a Forti 'F1' car.

Then got out of the Forti and into a Ligier, Arrows and then a Sauber and ended up being far better than anyone was expecting. Not setting the world on fire by any means, but not too far off the pace of his far more illustrious teammates (Panis, Hill, Salo and Alesi), and while most were admittedly in the twilights of their career, he seldom embarrassed himself... though his crash with Alesi in Hockenheim might have been ban worthy.

Stroll is unlikely to ever be rated in the top 10 in any season, but he's young enough to be respectable if he's willing to learn.

If it keeps a team on the grid and all those people in their jobs then it's fair to say I salute the Stroll family.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
Lets face it, long gone are the days Williams can do anything without a lot of luck.

He will not have any excuses in that car. So we will see if he earns his spot.

*edit"

How about Stroll moves to FI before the end of the season, paving the way for a certain someone to make his F1 comeback!

Soldato
Hate his attitude and generally don't like him, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off Stroll. I remember a certain Pedro Diniz. Terrible driver, with no reputation in the lower formulas and less reputation for his one and a half seasons in a Forti 'F1' car.

Then got out of the Forti and into a Ligier, Arrows and then a Sauber and ended up being far better than anyone was expecting. Not setting the world on fire by any means, but not too far off the pace of his far more illustrious teammates (Panis, Hill, Salo and Alesi)
I'm happy to be proved wrong, but just can't see it happening. If he's within .5s of Perez over the season's qualifying, and has over 60% of his points I'll be impressed.

How about Stroll moves to FI before the end of the season, paving the way for a certain someone to make his F1 comeback!
I still think Kubica is has lost too much control to be able to drive and manage the car's settings for a full race distance. My money would be on Ollie Rowland, especially with the sponsorship he brings.

Soldato
I'm happy to be proved wrong, but just can't see it happening. If he's within .5s of Perez over the season's qualifying, and has over 60% of his points I'll be impressed.
I'm not expecting any real improvement either, and I'm hoping there isn't unless he manages to keep a lid on it and find more respect for those around him. I'm just saying it's a bit early to write him off completely.

Soldato
As mentioned by someone above, it will be interesting to see if Stroll moves up to FI before the end of the season. I can't imagine he's not begging his Dad to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom