Force India

Soldato
Even though he was a pay driver, when Pastor wasn't crashing he was reasonably fast to be fair. I don't think Stroll will achieve much in his F1 career but he's isn't a bad driver and I'm interested to see how he looks in a car that isn't total crap.

Caporegime
Even though he was a pay driver, when Pastor wasn't crashing he was reasonably fast to be fair. I don't think Stroll will achieve much in his F1 career but he's isn't a bad driver and I'm interested to see how he looks in a car that isn't total crap.

Would be nice to drop the excuse of car being dire (it is dire)

Soldato

Agreed. I think he hasn't done *too* badly in a car that's obviously complete crap, to the point of getting a podium last season. I'd be interested to see how he is in a car that's obviously more capable.

Man of Honour
OP
Update time...

Force India logos have been removed from the race trucks and media areas.

DlOf6p0W0AQhaR2.jpg

DlOf7N_W0AAp418.jpg

DlOf8vIXoAAoKE1.jpg

Turns out, Daddy Stroll bought the assets of Force India, but the team name and entry remains owned by Force India Formula One Team. Of which, 85% is owned by 13 separate Indian banks who didn't give approval for the sale. So yeah...

This may stop the ex-Force India cars from competing this weekend as they don't have an entry and the entry doesn't have any equipment or cars... FIA are currently looking at it. If they change name or go in as a new entry, there's a good chance that they'll lose their prize money from last year as it will need to be approved by all the teams... And that's supposedly being blocked by Williams, McLaren and Renault.

Also, Sahara has disappeared from the teams name on the sponsor areas, web site and twitter.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Why would Williams, McLaren and Renault care about a team losing the prize money?

I swear teams would object to another team’s choice of aftershave, if you gave them a chance :o

Man of Honour
OP
Why would Williams, McLaren and Renault care about a team losing the prize money?

I swear teams would object to another team’s choice of aftershave, if you gave them a chance :o

Because it goes back into the prize pool and is redistributed.

Transmission breaker
Don
FIA must let them race. It must give them dispensation as they want more teams in F1, not to be kicking them out on a technicality. (I hope!). They could just issue another entry perhaps? They can't let teams be held for ransom.

Prize money is another matter. It should be kept, and the other teams need to realise that trying to kill another team is.

Let them race, let them regain sponsorship and stay in f1 with the prize money they earned.

Soldato
Because it goes back into the prize pool and is redistributed.
This is pretty sickening. Comradery in F1 is an endearing part of the sport, big teams assisting the struggling ones with one goal: let's go racing. This is a slap in the face money grab, and Williams probably do need the cash but McLaren and Renault?

I hope they make a big deal out of this at the weekend. I'd certainly like to hear McLaren's, Renault's and Williams' explanation of why they want FI to not get their share.

Transmission breaker
Don
This is pretty sickening. Comradery in F1 is an endearing part of the sport, big teams assisting the struggling ones with one goal: let's go racing. This is a slap in the face money grab, and Williams probably do need the cash but McLaren and Renault?

I hope they make a big deal out of this at the weekend. I'd certainly like to hear McLaren's, Renault's and Williams' explanation of why they want FI to not get their share.

Especially when you consider the fact that the teams all know each other socially and all work in the same industry and are equally dependent on each other and the sport for a living.

All the FI staff being kept in the dark and possibly under the risk of losing their jobs will be feeling particularly sore about other teams vetoing their presence.

Soldato
I'd certainly like to hear McLaren's, Renault's and Williams' explanation of why they want FI to not get their share.
At a guess Williams probably need the money. McLaren need the money and the Mercedes engine supply which would now be available. God knows about Renault though. They've got a ton of money and obviously not Merc engines. Most likely they want to make 4th place in the constructors championship more secure.

Soldato
There's no incentive at all for the other teams to allow them to continue and to compete. Not only would the prize money be up for grabs, the (clearly very talented) employees will also be available.

Back
Top Bottom