Ford Capri is back...

It's a Polestar.

My first thought too.

There is only one Capri:
b6a47b5aca61c827c0288c1edcec8fbc.jpg

Last edited:
I said it in the electric car thread, I’m really not bothered by them reusing the name. People said the same thing about the Puma but they seemed to get over it.

Reusing an old name probably creates more brand recognition more quickly and for less money than starting from scratch. It’s as simple as that really.

No thanks, it's just a re-skinned ID5 isn't it?
Yup, although looks nicer IMO.

Weird how Ford haven't didn't just electrify the Fiesta, Puma, Kuga, Focus and Mondeo. A Mondeo estate would have been awesome.
Electric Puma is due shortly. The electric Explorer is the same segment as the Kuga.

I doubt the Focus will return as the electric Puma sort of covers both the Fiesta and Focus segment in crossover guise. Electric packaging usually creates similar interior space to a vehicle in the segment above. So a B segment car gets you pretty much the same interior space as a C segment ICE car.

No one wants a Mondeo… it’s not 2002 anymore!

Last edited:

I can’s see the lambchops, leatherjackets, nor genital hugging tight bellbottom jeans from being popular..
Only flying squad now are tiktok travel influencers..

Not even Dinky would suggest that’s a capri.. what next Austin princess bubble car?

Last edited:
I said it in the electric car thread, I’m really not bothered by them reusing the name. People said the same thing about the Puma but they seemed to get over it.

Reusing an old name probably creates more brand recognition more quickly and for less money than starting from scratch. It’s as simple as that really.

Yup, although looks nicer IMO.

Electric Puma is due shortly. The electric Explorer is the same segment as the Kuga.

I doubt the Focus will return as the electric Puma sort of covers both the Fiesta and Focus segment in crossover guise. Electric packaging usually creates similar interior space to a vehicle in the segment above. So a B segment car gets you pretty much the same interior space as a C segment ICE car.

No one wants a Mondeo… it’s not 2002 anymore!
I want a Mondeo, well I want a similar size, shape and practicality.

Always thought the Capri was an ugly overrated and slow pile of crap. Ford calling their new crossover style car a Capri is perfect marketing IMO. Gets all the nostalgic old moaning gits riled up.

Oh boohoo they ruined the Capri. Actually it’s far nicer looking than the Crapi ever looked.

Always thought the Capri was an ugly overrated and slow pile of crap. Ford calling their new crossover style car a Capri is perfect marketing IMO. Gets all the nostalgic old moaning gits riled up.

Oh boohoo they ruined the Capri. Actually it’s far nicer looking than the Crapi ever looked.

Aww, look at the edgy widdle edgelord! So cute!!!

:D

It might be far nicer looking now but in the day the Capri was a looker. I imagine the true Capris will be remembered long after this new one is no longer made.
They weren't all slow by the days standards either.

lol, the Capri was totally overrated. The main UK versions could get to 60 in about 15 seconds and topped out at 93.

Oh yeah you could get faster ones The 2.8i was about 8 seconds 0-60 if I recall, not great by todays standards for even middling SUVs, but they were rare and not what most of the nostalgia revolves around on here (or other forums frothing about the new Capri).

I remember a few people had Capris and thought they were cool. All I remember is a slow cheaply made pile of crap with poor handling.

A true car of their time, and I don’t mean that as a compliment.

Edit: The 2024 version looks like a Polestar 2 (no bad thing). To all those complaining about it being an EV. Get used to it, it’s thankfully going to be the new norm as we approach net zero.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom