Ford Mustang to be released in EU

OcUK Staff
I really want one for £35k fully loaded. What is the deal if you ordered now?

500 coming, 500 sold, in theory one of those is mine, will find out Friday. Those first 500 are due end of this year to those 500 customers.

Next batch no idea at all..................

Soldato
Ok based on pricing I am now really tempted by a 2.3 model with all of the extras once my Focus ST is up for replacement.

Just over 30K in red (same as my Focus) with all of the options.

Sadly the V8 isn't an option but it's nice to see that is available for around 35K with all the trimmings.

Base spec (on the 2.3) looks very generous although I am somewhat confused that a reversing camera is standard yet rear parking sensors are not... :confused:.

Soldato
500 coming, 500 sold, in theory one of those is mine, will find out Friday. Those first 500 are due end of this year to those 500 customers.

Next batch no idea at all..................

Going to be quite a wait. I might still register my interest at a Ford dealer and see what they say.

Associate
I really want one for £35k fully loaded. What is the deal if you ordered now?

I called up my local FordStore dealer for more information.

Basically the earlier you put the deposit down the better. They seem to reckon the next batch will be Jan - March 2016. Interestingly the dealer said Ford now reserve the right to contact the customer directly instead of going through the dealer. A non-refundable deposit of £500 was asked to secure a build slot. Annoyingly I want the answer to some questions before I potentially lose £500.

I asked about the lack of Recaro's in the spec list compared to EU and they couldn't give a reason. I am sure there are a huge amount of comments/questions that even the Ford Stores need to clarify.

OcUK Staff
I called up my local FordStore dealer for more information.

Basically the earlier you put the deposit down the better. They seem to reckon the next batch will be Jan - March 2016. Interestingly the dealer said Ford now reserve the right to contact the customer directly instead of going through the dealer. A non-refundable deposit of £500 was asked to secure a build slot. Annoyingly I want the answer to some questions before I potentially lose £500.

I asked about the lack of Recaro's in the spec list compared to EU and they couldn't give a reason. I am sure there are a huge amount of comments/questions that even the Ford Stores need to clarify.

Yeah I find out Friday, but from talking on the phone Ford confirmed my deposit was the first one actually received in the UK as I put £1000 down weeks/months before the premier league thing. :)

If I go ahead I shall also at the same time put a deposit down for the Shelby version also coming to the UK potentially end of next year and then simply trade this one in against that. :)

Associate
I don't think my local dealer is getting one till way after June.

I am going to hedge my bets and assume that when I am at Goodwood Festival of Speed Ford, will have one there for display. So I can see it there!

Soldato
I wonder what this is going to do to residual prices of the old imports...

The new model of any car always knocks down the prices of the old shape... and with a brand new one costing only £32K, and having the steering wheel on the right side, surely the previous generations will take a bit of a knock.

Soldato
I wonder what this is going to do to residual prices of the old imports...

The new model of any car always knocks down the prices of the old shape... and with a brand new one costing only £32K, and having the steering wheel on the right side, surely the previous generations will take a bit of a knock.

It's a complete unknown at the moment. Values are pretty solid for the 2005-2013 models and you won't get a V8 worth looking at for under £12k, this is mainly because the previous models still go for £5k-£8k for a decent one.

To be honest my 2005 is probably worth anywhere between £12k-£15k depending on how many others are up for sale at a given time, they're never going to be £2k cars so all in all there isn't really much value to drop. The guy who I bought the car from imported it at 2 years old (2007) and paid £18k all in so he did fairly well. I reckon if I sell in a 2 years time I'll still get 5 figures simply because new RHD V8's will be £30k+.

Personally I think values will still be quite strong, but it'll just be a bit harder to sell as now if you want a Mustang you have to go LHD, where as in a few years you'll effectively have the option of paying a lot more but getting a newer RHD car.

Either way none of this really bothers me, I didn't buy a Mustang with any sort of financial hat on and even if the thing is going to shed 90% of it's value in the next 3 years it wouldn't make me considering selling.

Soldato
YOUR SPECIFICATION
Model 5.0 V8 GT
Body style FASTBACK
Engine & Transmission 5.0 V8 6 Speed Manual
Colour Triple Yellow (Tri-Coat)
Ebony Leather
Custom Pack
Base Price £32,995 Total added features £2,590 Total Price £35,585

Yes please. :cool:

OcUK Staff
White 5.0 for me just holding out till we get the info on the mk3 RS on feb the 3rd

But not remotely similar, RS probably be quicker on a UK B road but that is where it ends. I'd take a RWD V8 muscle car with all the toys any day when the price difference is probably circa 5k. :)

Man of Honour
It's a complete unknown at the moment. Values are pretty solid for the 2005-2013 models and you won't get a V8 worth looking at for under £12k, this is mainly because the previous models still go for £5k-£8k for a decent one.

Values are strong because they are rare, you cannot buy them here without a long winded import process so supply is very restricted.

This will all change soon.

OcUK Staff
[TW]Fox;27519361 said:
Values are strong because they are rare, you cannot buy them here without a long winded import process so supply is very restricted.

This will all change soon.

In fairness S197 values might hold as the S550 design is not to everyone's taste as the new car is a far more modernised less so American muscle car with a lot more sports car and euro car traits rather than typical American Muscle.

The S197 is very retro and even though the S550 is superior in everyday except for drag racing if S197 still has some demand and with low numbers values could hold.

I am going to Ford tomorrow to decide my spec make it an official order. :)

Right now magnetic and ebony is my choice but the dealership has a new Mondeo in Magnetic for me to view amongst cars in the other colours so I can see the colours in fresh.

I want a dark grey and it's hard to tell from pics online the difference between magnetic, silver and guard colours. But if I go ahead and I think I will then I will be tuning it up power wise but staying NA, £2500 should see near 500 horses and then after a year ownership either fit charger kit or trade in against a Shelby as those are now coming to uk as well, that will have 750BHP standard. :D

Back
Top Bottom