Formula E, 2018-2019

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Your location says you're in Germany, but iPlayer has it if you're in the UK (or presumably use a UK VPN): https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...-201819-formula-e-championship-santiago-eprix

Unfortunately, the Beeb has been blocking VPNs again and I haven't been able to get iPlayer for a while.

Judging by the last race it looks like they upload the full race to Youtube the day after, so it might be available later today.

Cool. I'll look later.

Soldato
I tried to watch it again and it's just as bad as ever.

With mick-mouse go-kart tracks and stupid FAN BOOST!
Maybe in 10 years time they will be able to race on real tracks.

Soldato
Fan Boost is often pointless anyway. It's more of a marketing trick. Attack Mode is much more effective and would possibly be a better alternative to DRS in other formulas (much more tactical rather than the more artificial DRS).

Personally I really enjoy Formula E. The races are far more exciting than the vast majority of F1 races, there are good drivers and they're driving pretty hard all the time (only saving energy into braking zones but rarely tyres, even in the most extreme race yet). The practice, qualifying and race is all on the same day and the battles at the front could be among any number of different teams and drivers from event to event and even session to session.

The tracks suit the cars perfectly. Hardly go-kart tracks (though the switchbacks at the end in Santiago were rather go-karty), and usually punish drivers if they make a mistake.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Interestingly, Formula E have the exclusive rights for all-electric vehicles until 2039.. so this could very well become the more relevant series if/when manufacturers sway toward battery power.

That said... the race highlights for Chile were great. Still not sure I like the driver animation when they bin the car though... it's like a virtual facepalm :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How much power do the FIA have to stop anyone simply running a motor racing formula without them?
If you want to play that game, none, but my point still stands. If the current lineage were to be preserved F1 would need to keep some form of ICE for the next 25 years as they can’t go all-electric.

Back
Top Bottom