Formula E, 2018-2019

Caporegime
OP
I watched 10 minutes of the Berlin race this morning and remembered why I only watched part of a race when the series launched. Not only do the cars look painfully slow but now they have made it look like a video game with fan boost and attack mode zones. This series is not for me at all.

I do wish they'd get rid of fan boost, but I think you're missing out. Watching Monaco the day after the Berlin race, I was again struck by how much more interesting the average Formula E race is. I can see why you don't like the video gamey face of Attack Mode but it actually works well in the race because it's a limited resource they need to deploy tactically. Unlike DRS that just feels cheap, Attack Mode adds a lot of strategic interest.

Caporegime
lol, Massa, still a joker. I happened to be watching some races in Massa's first or second season, not sure which. One of hte first races I see he does the classic Massa move, guy well alongside his inside, cut straight to the apex and cause a race ending crash for himself/other guy. Watch FE race one just now, Massa at the end, oh guy alongside, apex for me, spins himself screws Vergne, has a guy decide to drive over the front of his car to get through the gap and immediately blames the other guy. Massa is honestly the most over rated driver I've ever seen. I got out of F1 for a while in the early 00s, uni and other things going on. I got heavily back into it in 07 since. Every year Massa just causing accidents but every season, up to 2014 with that Magnussen crash, then with Alonso in maybe 2016 or 17, the whole time he consistently just turns in on people at the apex. So when I saw him do it right at the beginning of his F1 career, and then again today in FE.

I always found him to be a hypocrite when he blamed youngsters for accidents and not learning and this is the guy who literally at no stage of his career even today has no idea that if a guy is alongside you, you can't just cut to the apex without causing an accident. I don't know a single other driver who does that intentionally ever, let alone every single season of his career, getting damage almost every single time. MAg in Germany he literally just flipped his own car over and then blamed Mag for it.

Back
Top Bottom