Fortitude

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Very unsatisfying season 2. I don't think the creators know what they want the plot to be, so they just string it indefinitely hoping that revolving door of semi known faces can maintain barely-above-parapet viewing figures

Associate
For those that are still interested in this, it was just on the local news that S3 is filming now. The studio work has moved from London to the Bottleyard Studios here in Bristol, which was a bit of a surprise.

Hoping they find their feet again after a mixed S2 but looking forward to more Fortitude.

Soldato
I'll quote what I typed in the TV last night thread...

I finally finished season 3 of Fortitude last night, what an utter and terrible disappointment. It's been many years since i've seen such a sudden and absolute drop in quality between seasons of a TV show.

Third season is rushed, makes little sense, changes tone which doesn't suit anything from the prior two seasons. As for the new villains, don't get me started. An utter shambles of a series. Tbh, season 2 wasn't amazing but at least it followed on properly.

The shining light in this pee poor mess...Sheriff Dan Anderson, aka Richard Dormer, however he overacts it so much it almost destroys what a great character he had built up in the previous two seasons.

I am very very disappointed.

Caporegime
OP
I still have S2 recorded but haven't watch any of them yet.

The way S1 ended just kinda killed my appetite for any more of it. It was nonsense. The show was best when you didn't know what was going on; once they showed their hand it was frankly a tad crap.

Judging by the comments I didn't miss too much :p

Soldato
I still have S2 recorded but haven't watch any of them yet.

The way S1 ended just kinda killed my appetite for any more of it. It was nonsense. The show was best when you didn't know what was going on; once they showed their hand it was frankly a tad crap.

Judging by the comments I didn't miss too much :p

As I said above, two is watchable and carries on the story in a coherent fashion so i'd at least give it a go. Then, if you're a completionist, power through the final 4 episodes of tedium. :D

Back
Top Bottom