Fortitude

Associate
Its a good show and I really liked it but I have a few "yeah, but......"

So if the larvae grew in the host and made the host want to open up the victim in order to vomit into their stomach - what happens to the larvae after? The boy survived albeit borderline locked in. The Spanish bird seems to have survived albeit with a hole in her chest but the fat bird died?

I think when the wasps infect humans (the kid) where they essentially become slaves with the task to find a place for the larvae to grow and feed. Its the body can fight the larvae (the hosts all get ill before killing) but when your almost dead the can't fight the larvae?

Bit of a meh ending but it could have been worse.

Associate
I'm still left wondering what actually made Liam get out of his bed in Ep2/3 and go to Stoddard's house and proceed to smash him round the head with a chopping board?

Was his story separate to the infestation of the prehistoric wasps? He just seemed like he was going mad. It was bit weird when Jason just came up to his window at his house and just stared at him :confused: all a bit odd!

The larvae needed someone to feed on but since so he had to go out and find someone.

Why Stoddard specifically? Probably just lazy righting although the kid may of known that he would be alone or just saw the light on (most people were at the bar at this point so not many people around).

Soldato
Binge watching this atm. Thinks it's really good. Got 2 episodes left.

as soon as they unearthed the mammoth, I immediately started thinking of that episode of the X-files in the ice. Remember that?... Great episode!

Ending is a bit meh....
got bored during the fight in the snow between the Russian and the cop. Two uninteresting characters having a bit of a scuffle for five minutes. I couldn't care less who wins. Also notice that the 3 big actors all die by the end of season one... Not too hopeful for the future tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone watching S2 of Fortitude?

I'm on Ep3 and have to say it's not as tightly scripted as S1. There's none of the claustrophobia felt during S1 and not much tension.

Will keep going because S1, for me, was fantastic so I'm willing to forgive S2 but still, bit of a shame. Could have done with being a one season hit.

Soldato
Just finished S1 and by god is it slow, waiting to get a few episodes of S2 before starting to watch as I can't wait for a week between episodes.

Soldato
Just finished watching that last episode last night - do like it when Sky pop up the box set for immediate download.
No spoilers - this one is an interesting one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do hope they continue and make season 3 but with one of the companies pulling funding half way through season 2 I highly doubt it as I can't see Sky taking the full brunt of funding :(

Soldato
The whole season is available to watch on Sky . I enjoyed the first season, season two however is a bit crap, the story, the acting and some of the accents are really poor - especially that blond Policewomen. I'll watch it the end but can't seeing season 3.

Soldato
I'm confused, both of you are posting as though you've watched all season 2.
If so my search skillz have failed.

When S2 first started on Sky they released the box set with all the episodes. They've just done the same with The Kettering Incident.

The whole season is available to watch on Sky . I enjoyed the first season, season two however is a bit crap, the story, the acting and some of the accents are really poor - especially that blond Policewomen. I'll watch it the end but can't seeing season 3.

I think her accent is deliberate for Fortitude for some reason, she was in a BBC drama last year 'Dickensian' and her accent was fine in that.

Soldato
First season was great, gripping. The second just didn't have the same draw. There was something missing. They need to end it there I think.

Back
Top Bottom