Forza 6 (Apex) coming to PC near you, soon....

Soldato
Hands down the best showcase for DX12 we have had so far. Am amazed just how well this performs on my system @1440p Ultra settings with Dynamic MSAA My FPS is always above 60fps
i7 [email protected] with 290 @1050/1300

Some more footage this time Night Time is jaw Dropping.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I haven't played this in ages, but went to play it last night and I kept getting stuttering.

AB is showing my core and memory clocks keep dropping to about half what they should be at regular intervals for a split second. Its not a temperature issue.

No issues with other games.

Any one know of a fix? Ta.

Soldato
I haven't played this in ages, but went to play it last night and I kept getting stuttering.

AB is showing my core and memory clocks keep dropping to about half what they should be at regular intervals for a split second. Its not a temperature issue.

What is your system specs? Mess about with video settings see if the stuttering stops if you lower settings etc

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Spec in my sig, I did try that last night, will have another go later. I did read on Reddit that turning off Game DVR in the Xbox app might fix it, will try that too later.

Last time I played it was with my old 780, so since then its been new card, drivers and the Win 10 Anniversary update...

Permabanned
I wouldn't wait around though, Windows 10 won't be a free upgrade for much longer. Not to mention Windows 10 is far superior to Windows 7 and 8/8.1.

+1

Moving from Win 7 to 8.1 was disappointing, Moving from 8.1 to 10 was not problem free but close too and it is a lot better, I'm as happy with Win 10 as I was with Win 7.

Soldato
Spec in my sig, I did try that last night, will have another go later. I did read on Reddit that turning off Game DVR in the Xbox app might fix it, will try that too later.

Last time I played it was with my old 780, so since then its been new card, drivers and the Win 10 Anniversary update...

Well 1070 should have no issues running this game maxed out. You using Gsync? Try in video option settings target frame rate to 60fps without vsync.

I know vsync on Windows 10 games stuttered when Gsync and Freesync was used.

Soldato

Same issue, Nvidia 980ti, massive stuttering. fps counter showed solid 60fps but I use the Nvidia Adaptive V Sync option, removing this and turning on in game v sync, stuttering vanished. Silky smooth again.

If you haven't tried this, try that.

Soldato
It is a very enjoyable game. I would have happily paid a fiver or maybe even a tenner for this let alone a freebie.

The rain handling of higher power/LMP cars is very interesting!

It does leave you wanting more doesn't it.. Shame its just a tech demo. Great potential ... Wish my wheel worked with it.

Soldato
Do you need the xbox app installed to run it? Mine never opens it just comes up with an error.

I think you do, it uses an xbox live account which is or should be your windows login account provided you have this linked to a MS account or an xbox live account.

You can use both a windows account and an xbox live account using one single sign in, and you don't even need an MS account to do that. I use my google account, I signed up for an xbox account using my google account, login to Windows and my X1 using my google email address and installed the xbox app from Windows 10 store and it all uses the same login. Fairly simple really.

Soldato
Just tried on a G29...wow lmao. What kind of mickey mouse steering wheel support is this :eek:

Nothing to set steering wheel degrees of turn, no setting of full lock.

In game the slightest of turn on the wheel on any corner of any notable speed and the oversteer is off the charts. There's just no feel to it at all, either tons of understeer or snap oversteer doing doughnuts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom