Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Got an odd issue here.

I've played a few hours etc etc and it's run fine. But the past couple of evening I've had a CTD if I've tried to start ANY event other than speed-traps, drift runs and danger signs etc.

I don't know if this is due to my internet or not... Can anyone shed any light?

Got an odd issue here.

I've played a few hours etc etc and it's run fine. But the past couple of evening I've had a CTD if I've tried to start ANY event other than speed-traps, drift runs and danger signs etc.

I don't know if this is due to my internet or not... Can anyone shed any light?

I got the game yesterday and it crashed a couple of times before I got past the menu. It took quite a lot of tries (about 15 CTDs on splashcreen and one blackscreen after the logos) to even start it. No error messages, just CTDs. It also crashed once during a cinematic. It didn't crash ingame (yet:rolleyes:) but I only played it for an hour or so.

I wouldn't blame your connection, people seem to be getting random crashes for no apparent reason. The game can run fine for hours and then suddenly decide it doesn't want to launch anymore.

I hope they're working on some serious stability patches. The performance is not as bad as I thought (bar some occasional stuttering), though. I don't really have to lock it to 30fps, which is nice after all the horror stories I've read.

i got an issue just intalled it and the game boots ok and i got sound for intro then it gose in to my garage no sound then when i try to leave and drive around it just shuts down to desktop any 1 else having this problem

i have got my settings on 3440x1440 and 100fps

My game is always locked to 30 FPS because of my AVR/monitor setup.

I've got an HDMI out from my graphics card to the AVR and then HDMI out from the AVR to the montior just for sound. I also have display port out from the graphics card to the monitor for the picture. (monitor only supports 4k 30 over hdmi but does 4k 60 over DP). I have to use duplicate displays.

It seems like the game is limiting to 30 FPS based on the HDMI (1.4) coming from the receiver even though I'm using the DP (1.2) signal to play the game on.

I've never had this problem with any other games (except Forza Apex come to think of it) and I'm assuming it's because it's a Windows 10 UWP.

I could get around this by either not using my speakers and just using the monitors speakers or
connecting the motherboard audio out to the receiver but I'd prefer not to have to do that.
Any suggestions?

Having great fun in this and runs smoothly, 3440x1440 high settings locked to 45fps. I also like the fact I can play this on my XBox One and also stream it from that to my Surface Pro 4.

Just unlocked my second festival but I need to work out how to level up Byron Bay so I can get access to the Goliath race.

Would love to join the OCUK club :]

GT: Nebulous187

Btw, does the windows 10 version not come with acheivements? I've been mainly on PC last few days, had a blast on xbone last night and it gave me 10G for my ''first'' (actually fifth) barn find...

send us an OcUK invite then please, same nick as on here.

re-bought the game went halves with a mate on Xbone, we can both play same time using the PC Ult edition :D

Anyone else getting a strange graphical glitching on the very right edge of their screen? Doesn't seem to do it for any other games, and it doesn't go away if I change the game to Windowed. If I set the resolution to another 16:10 res though (1280x800), it goes away.

Not far off 100% this now.

Done all exhibitons and tournaments.
Done all bonus boards.
Done all rivals.

Just need do 3 more bucket lists, discover the remaining roads and then a few drift and speed ones. Should be all done in the next few days I reckon. Then will sort out what cars I want and sell the rest at auction before having a laugh online.

Btw, does the windows 10 version not come with acheivements? I've been mainly on PC last few days, had a blast on xbone last night and it gave me 10G for my ''first'' (actually fifth) barn find...

Achievements (as with progress) should be consistent and shared across both platforms assuming you are connected online and signed in with your Xbox profile. I've had plenty pop up on W10.

I ran into some stutters today so I lowered the settings to high and had to restart the game. Now it won't launch again... Rebooting doesn't help.

The stuttering is distracing and the game's a technical mess. I don't believe they'll ever fix it since Windows Store is the main culprit behind all the performance issues. It's such an awful platform, it feels like it was designed for tablet games and that's exactly how I feel when trying to launch my 70 quid Ultimate edition for the umpteenth time - like I'm dealing with a very expensive, unfinished tablet game.

I know I shouldn't complain since I've brought this upon myself by trusting M$ but I'm completely miffed. It'll be the same story as with Quantum Break. The Steam version runs miles better and doesn't crash.

Windows Store has to die.

Had the game a few days now & have to say I love it.
Couple of problems early on, crashing to desktop etc, but found it was my memory overclock. Re-set it to 1600mhz rather than the 2000mhz I've had it running at for ages & it's rock solid.

1440p, on ultra settings & average framerete is around 70-80fps. very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom