Forza Horizon 3

Soldato
Latest update seems pretty good, new barn find and the Alpinestars car pack has some fun cars. Hoping the Nissan Silvia K (in funky wide body form) will help me get the hang of drifting. I can 3 star the speed and danger PR stunts but the drift ones are killing me.

Really glad to hear its not just me :D (drifting does appear a lot harder in FM3 than nearly any other game I can think of recently)

General question - I presume Im right in thinking that majority of challenges (bucket list or otherwise) , you are meant to completely ignore GPS / Anna and actually go cross-country rather than follow the roads?

Associate
Yeah.

I'm always off road and just straight line it to wherever I need to be, with the exception of challenges that require you to go through checkpoints.

Associate
Game is pure quality.

The graphics and environments are gorgeous. There's hundreds of cars you can drive which can be customised and tuned endlessly.

There's just so much to do from street racing, rallying and sand racing to drifting, jumping, speed traps and zones, barn finds, bucket lists and the auction house.

I've put around 100 hours in and i'm only at 40% completion.

By far the most enjoyable driving game i've ever played.

Associate
Hoping the Nissan Silvia K (in funky wide body form) will help me get the hang of drifting. I can 3 star the speed and danger PR stunts but the drift ones are killing me.

Same. I'm level 402, 16 million in the bank, have loads of cars including all Horizon Edition ones, all festivals level 5 ect ect but just cannot drift. Can easily 2 star them, but only have 3 stars on one drift zone.

Just find it really hard.

Really glad to hear its not just me :D (drifting does appear a lot harder in FM3 than nearly any other game I can think of recently)

Just spent the last hour trying to drift after watching/reading guides.....still can't do it...got the hump. :p

Last night stumbled upon a formula for difting that works for me.

I realised I'd never driven my Z06 Horizon Edition Corvette, so I upgraded it in the garage and maxed out everying, but left it RWD and left street tyres on. Didn't bother with tuning it as don't know what i'm doing and didn't download one either.

Took it out for a spin. Bit of a handful to drive to say the least. Has 8 gears and was still getting wheel spin in 5th and 6th gears. Approached one of the 80,000 drift zones in 4th gear at speed and without even trying got over 90k drift score and 3 stars!

Car is a drift monster and racks up points so easily. Think where I'd been going wrong before was I wasn't carrying enough speed through the corners. I just assumed the faster I went, the harder the car would be to drift, but it's actually the opposite. Much easier to control and hold the drift the faster I was going, in this car anyway.

Now have 3 stars on all 17 drift zones. Did all of them pretty much first time. All in 4th gear :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't forget to get your free Ford Raptor Horizon Edition - today is the last day of that Forzathon. (20 hrs left)

I've shared a good Bowler S1 tune that i used for this one. It does well online in normal S1 races too.

I did it the easy way, joined a free roam lobby and set up an infected game X-Large for 1 minute. It took a few attempts to get people to join it and not to start as the infected one.

Associate
Don't forget to get your free Ford Raptor Horizon Edition - today is the last day of that Forzathon. (20 hrs left)

I've shared a good Bowler S1 tune that i used for this one. It does well online in normal S1 races too.

I did it the easy way, joined a free roam lobby and set up an infected game X-Large for 1 minute. It took a few attempts to get people to join it and not to start as the infected one.

I don't have gold. Bought mine in the auction house.

Soldato
Thanks for the advise on car choice for drifting Steve M.

I just purchased the Corvette Z06 (2015) and maxed out most things on it.

I still suck at drifting but did manage to get 3 stars on one drift zone I just attempted in this car.

Do you use manual gears?

Cheers

Soldato
Thanks got a few now with 3 stars but one in particular that is causing me to rage so much is

Cross bridge drift zone in surfers paradise.

It's so difficult due to only 2 corners and a lengthy straight , add in the drivatars that get in the way makes it awful.

Got about 3000p away twice now, so infuriating, lol

Back
Top Bottom