Forza Motorsport (10/10/23)

Soldato
Loved the old Forza Motorsport games back on Xbox360 but not played them since - ended up getting my racing fix on things like Assetto Corsa. Seeing this incoming for PC is great news, hope it has all the features the older games had that I loved - namely the depth of car customisation and tuning whilst still being entirely playable on a gamepad.
Shame that we have to wait for so long!

Associate
probably early November like past Horizons :(

'car building focused single player campaign', sounds good to me :)

Yes sounds interesting.

I hope they make getting new cars feel rewarding. In Horizon you get a new car every 30 seconds which makes none of them feel special.

You should start of in a civic and have to spend an hour at least souping it up in order to be able to afford your next car.

I also hope they have a good amount of EV's in the game. Not just Tesla's and Porsche Taycan's either. Get some 24kWh Leaf's or Renault Zoe's in as starter EV's, then the next step could be Hyundai Ionic or Kia EV6 etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Good good. Will have to pull the wheel and pedals out of storage.

Have been playing FM7 on the old Xbox One recently. Still holds up pretty nicely for a quick bit of fun.

Soldato
Wont see FM until Xmas i reckon, shame they not mention a date.
It'll be late Autumn at the earliest I think. They originally said Spring 2023 and if that was the case we'd be able to pre-order it by now. Still it looks good, like the sound of a track like Kyalami, one I've never raced on in any game so that'll be a nice new track. I wonder what the other 4? new tracks are.

Man of Honour
Yes sounds interesting.

I hope they make getting new cars feel rewarding. In Horizon you get a new car every 30 seconds which makes none of them feel special.

You should start of in a civic and have to spend an hour at least souping it up in order to be able to afford your next car.

I also hope they have a good amount of EV's in the game. Not just Tesla's and Porsche Taycan's either. Get some 24kWh Leaf's or Renault Zoe's in as starter EV's, then the next step could be Hyundai Ionic or Kia EV6 etc.
One of the nice things about older racing games like some of the NFS series, and indeed Gran Turismo 5 etc was the feeling of working your way up with better cars, doing upgrades etc.

I love the FH series but I agree you almost get too many cars so it feels like a waste to upgrade something because you'll unlock something else 5mins later. I quickly lose track of which cars I've actually driven and also find it can be a bit of a ballache learning how to drive a new car, doing the tuning etc if you have to do that for hundreds of cars, so in the end I sometimes just stick with a favoured car in each class that I've tuned appropriately and learned how it handles, which kind of defeats the object of collecting all those other cars in the first place.

The various challenges do help however because they kind of force you out of that comfort zone and put you behind the wheel of something different.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks impressive but smells like a late launch around the usual time of October/November I suspect? I hope they listen to the community this time and bring back the original FM4 auctions, storefronts etc.

Man of Honour
One of the nice things about older racing games like some of the NFS series, and indeed Gran Turismo 5 etc was the feeling of working your way up with better cars, doing upgrades etc.

I love the FH series but I agree you almost get too many cars so it feels like a waste to upgrade something because you'll unlock something else 5mins later. I quickly lose track of which cars I've actually driven and also find it can be a bit of a ballache learning how to drive a new car, doing the tuning etc if you have to do that for hundreds of cars, so in the end I sometimes just stick with a favoured car in each class that I've tuned appropriately and learned how it handles, which kind of defeats the object of collecting all those other cars in the first place.

The various challenges do help however because they kind of force you out of that comfort zone and put you behind the wheel of something different.
I used to love the older GT games, like you say having to work to get upgrades and then getting a new car was an achievement. Yes I can now afford the cone filter for my Civic Type-R! :D

Hopefully its like this again.

Back
Top Bottom