Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Oh yeah, I fully get the cost implications, thats not really the main issue for me, more than I feel happy paying it with the pad :)

As you said in your post though, projectors, now there's a though for the future :) Thats the kind thing I would rather put my money towards in the long run, just need to, ideally find a decent widescreen projector that doesn't cost the earth, but I need one that projects an opitmal display in light as I really can't play in dark rooms, does my eyes in :(

Turn 10 are really being teases with this. I don't feel there's enough in the demo to get a good idea of the game. Handling is spot on, cars have weight, which was much missed in FM2.

Had one more session before quitting.
I cant complain as I never played much of FM2 and starting to get used to this now. Still being 8 tenths off the no.1 spot on my 2nd proper TT attempt at playing isnt bad.

Evo
01:10.143

Would need .6 to get into the top 10

I take it ibert is the fastest here at the moment?

Last edited:
Just downloaded this this evening. Loving it, Audi R8 being my favourite so far.

My ideal setup is racing line, stability control and auto brake off, brake assist and traction control on. Maybe not as hardcore as some of you guys, but based on previous racing games I've liked this is how I like to play. ;)

STONING2png.preview.png

"Always one isn't there.."

Last edited:
Had one more session before quitting.
I cant complain as I never played much of FM2 and starting to get used to this now. Still being 8 tenths off the no.1 spot on my 2nd proper TT attempt at playing isnt bad.

Evo
01:10.143

Would need .6 to get into the top 10

I take it ibert is the fastest here at the moment?

I got 01:09:976 atm with a crap hairpin. I still need to improve on the second to last corner as I am down a couple of MPH coming out and i need to go a little deeper with the brakes into the hairpin. Top 50 is easily obtainable as long as my GF doesn't throw out my xbox first :P. Im just happy I got into the 01:09's. Going to start on my mini time now.

Last edited:
I really need some practice, I'm struggling to get a consistent 1:15 in the EVO, nevermind the 1:10 most people here seem to be getting.

I don't know if you've tried already, but try racing the ghost of the leader.

Having said that, I seem to lose the ghost come the last corner! I think I lose the most time in the penultimate corner by not going wide enough beforehand :(

Hope this is not can/worms type stuff but what are people doing in terms of steering wheels? Guess most are using the MS wireless one?

I'm just using the pad and I want a wheel but I've no idea wtf I'm going to clamp it to. I could move the dining room table 6 foot or so to get it closer/lined up to the TV but I can hear the sound of my Mrs whinging in my head already. :rolleyes:

I got 01:09:976 atm with a crap hairpin. I still need to improve on the second to last corner as I am down a couple of MPH coming out and i need to go a little deeper with the brakes into the hairpin. Top 50 is easily obtainable as long as my GF doesn't throw out my xbox first :P. Im just happy I got into the 01:09's. Going to start on my mini time now.

Well Done!
I dislike the feeling on the brakes with the X360 wheel, it takes virtually no interaction to get enough brake required. Seems FM is all about getting that correct let off coasting speed in corners with smooth lines.

Does the clutch improve anyones ability/time?

Back
Top Bottom