Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Just a repeated request to add me as I need some more targets to aim for... still quite a bit behind but getting better and shaving bits off my times!

Will add you shortly, will pop up as PETE N BEXS (anyone else can add if they want). I was more than happy with myself on Thursday night, nicely into the top 300 for all the cars. Fired up last night and dropped into the 2-3000 region, nothing a quick blast couldnt sort for the mini and evo :D Hate to think were im sitting again now.

The X360 wheel seriously lacks any level of turning strength.
Force Feedback is although fairly defined on this again very weak compared to G25 or Fanatec wheels.

With the Fanatec you can program any games direct on the wheel independent of a games settings.
Id say a Fanatec has about 4X more/stronger ability in both turning force strength and FFB.
Its very hard to downscale to the X360 wheel after getting used to other premium or higher quality wheels, well I find it difficult.

Nice demo, not a purchase for me because I doubt I'd put enough time into it to get the best from it. Also I don't like the views much. I'm a chase view fan and these games never seem to put the effort into that view. The handling is appalling in that view. The amount of braking required is completely different to bonnet view.

Fantastic game I just think I will give it a skip this time.

Nice demo, not a purchase for me because I doubt I'd put enough time into it to get the best from it. Also I don't like the views much. I'm a chase view fan and these games never seem to put the effort into that view. The handling is appalling in that view. The amount of braking required is completely different to bonnet view.

Fantastic game I just think I will give it a skip this time.

That's odd, I use the chase view as well as the in-car view just seems wrong, partially because the wheel blatantly doesn't turn as much as it should...

But anyway, I find the chase view fine, braking etc all the same give or take...

Just gone 1:10.242 in the Evo using the pad, with only clutch assist.

I can go faster, but it's very hard to hook the perfect lap. It's almost like the pad is not responsive enough.

I think the main problem with the pad is the steering, lack of feedback, and lack of actual range in the stick seems to make it hard to find the right steering lock needed.

Too much and you scrub off far too much speed, too little and obviously you don't turn as quickly/well as needed.

I keep switching between wanting to get the MS wheel and the full game, or just going back to my beloved pc sims :p

Im really way off the pace on a early run.
Will give this a go tomorrow again in the EVO...

I find the game at this point lacks a certain feel in turning as if their is not enough body roll? Not convinced on all the balooney about tyre wall physics etc.

More practice needed, still fun to play though.

I can go faster, but it's very hard to hook the perfect lap. It's almost like the pad is not responsive enough.

I struggle to get a decent line into the hairpin at the bottom of the hill, I cant seem to find the right balance and either go too slow and a nice line or carry too much speed into the corner and ruin the lap. Just means I will have to play the demo some more :D Just a quick observation from earlier on now. None of the cars seem to get dirty, you can pound around and around yet they stay immaculate. I know its only a demo but was expecting it to be there.

Im really way off the pace on a early run.
Will give this a go tomorrow again in the EVO...

I find the game at this point lacks a certain feel in turning as if their is not enough body roll? Not convinced on all the balooney about tyre wall physics etc.

More practice needed, still fun to play though.

I've not played it for a whole day, I'm going to go back to it tomorrow and see how I feel after I spent the demo night driving it to death (and I loved it).

I've been playing some rFactor mods today using the 360 pad (don't have any wheels at all) and will go back to compare again. I did enjoy the rFactor, but that was mainly due to the 1985 F1 cars. It's not a game that does body roll very well either mind you, the cars tend to be quite bouncy as opposed to 'soggy'.

I also think the term bodyrol would be in correct, as that would imply the cars were twisting to some degree. Suspension pitch is something I'd call it, everything seems firm. One thing I do love about Forza with the pad is that the steering has weight to it, it doesn't instantly flick to each lock. It does take some time to learn when to pitch the car into a corner but I was having fun chasing tenths the other night.

It's a shame the Fanatec is really out of my scope. I can afford a G25 at £130, but won't work on 360 and the MS wheel is just not appealing. I'm a keen driver in the real world and not having a clutch would be alienating for me. Playing rFactor and the FM3 demo has let me ignore my 'where can I set up a wheel' moaning though. I'm definitely willing to compromise, especially after seeing this video of the G25 and rFactor.

The X360 wheel seriously lacks any level of turning strength.
Force Feedback is although fairly defined on this again very weak compared to G25 or Fanatec wheels.

With the Fanatec you can program any games direct on the wheel independent of a games settings.
Id say a Fanatec has about 4X more/stronger ability in both turning force strength and FFB.
Its very hard to downscale to the X360 wheel after getting used to other premium or higher quality wheels, well I find it difficult.

With the fanatec you have to use the clutch pedal. I simply have to press A and leave my left foot free for the brake. Since the clutch is purely digital you are going to hamper your lap times with a clutch pedal. Yes the 360 wheel feels cheap but I have no problem posting top 100 times with it while still having £400 in my pocket :D.

I'm happy as larry with the pad, as much as I love Forza, put about 800 hours+ into Forza 2 over time, easily, but I just enjoy it with the pad, my wheel is only a dirt cheap one, but I like to play games in casual comfort and I just enjoy the pad more, thats just me :)

Hope whoever upgrades/goes with wheels enjoys them as much as Mr Latte does, nice to see someone spending a large amount on stuff and being up for it and getting the best out of it, kudos to you mate, but its just not for me, the lack of camera controls and for me, comfort take the wheels out of the game for me.

I've never been the fastest, the best paint, tuner or anything like that, i just love Forza, enjoy it immensely, and look forward to seeing you all around there :D

Yeah, cheers for that mate :p I swear if you use me as your braking point in the Infield again.. :p

And don't say you didn't see the brake lights, they were all that was in your view :D

/catfight!

What disappoints me is the speed of the AI, even on 'Hard' they're fairly slow, I won a Mini race by something like 7 seconds, and it was only in the last corner of the first lap that I gained the lead.

I can imagine the hotlapping/leaderboards being fun, and maybe the online racing if you find a good bunch to race against, but the actual single player I can imagine being a chore...

+374

I'm really torn on this. I'm not that fast as I'm learning with all the aids off (controller so auto clutch) but the AI takes rubbish racing lines and even then drives very slowly through them. It just holds me up rather than provides a proper challenge of setting up an overtake etc. This is on Hard too. At least in GT4 the AI takes a fairly decent line even if it doesn't deviate from it!

Hairpin at the bottom of the hill's the worst for this - try to take a slow in-fast out type of line, the car behind me parks itself up behind the car I want to overtake as neither is driving on the limit and that's me stuffed.

If the single player's all going to be like this I might have to skip the purchase. Maybe it's just my driving style?

TT however, is pretty fun. The handling's pretty nice on the controller, haven't got a wheel to try. Struggling with the last corner in the Porsche at the moment, just can't get any power down on the exit but I'm enjoying it! Can't get below 1.03, far too inconsistent with my driving at the moment. Got a low 1.02 but it turned out to be unqualified due to running wide on one corner... :(

Oh and anyone's free to add me, gamertag's in sig!

Back
Top Bottom