Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Soldato
Can I ask any of you guys with decent 5.1 are you getting enough deep bass from this game? For some reason it wasnt coming through my buttkicker but will have to recheck my own connections or maybe the demo isnt fully using the .1 LFE channel properly?

I haven't got a sub but it does seem a bit flat coming through my speakers, I found forza 2 to be similar :(

Associate
my opinion:

Graphics: over saturated and jaggy - almost feels like a toy track
Gameplay -: a major step back from FM2 - loose, disjointed and horrible view options
Sound: not a patch on NFSS - sorry - I'm all for sims but after the sheer power of engine noise in NFSS this seems pedestrian

Overall: poor,, it's like they have tried too hard and lost the core of a great game.

Soldato
my opinion:

Gameplay -: a major step back from FM2 - loose, disjointed and horrible view options
Sound: not a patch on NFSS - sorry - I'm all for sims but after the sheer power of engine noise in NFSS this seems pedestrian

Overall: poor,, it's like they have tried too hard and lost the core of a great game.

I'm all for opinion, but is all that genuine or were you just in a bad mood when you played? :p

Associate
my opinion:

Wow, i disagree with you on every point but then again i didn't like Forza 2.

Graphics: Look great in my view, a vast improvement over Forza 2.
Gameplay: Again much better than Forza 2, cars feel lots heavier and not like driving on ice as in Forza 2.
Sound: Not played NFSS but sound doesn't really bother me that much.

I've got Forza 3 on pre-order and cannot wait.

Associate
I wasn't overly keen when I first switched this is on but 22 laps later in the mini and I'm quickly warming to it :)

How on earth can anyone get 1:12 in the mini though? 1:16.973 is my PB but I can see where I'm going wrong. Cornering is tricky.

Soldato
my opinion:

Curious that you disagree with almost everyone who has given an opinion so far, which of course you are perfectly entitled to do.

Soldato
FAO TimBrad

As your clued up on FM3 has anyone reported anywhere on the FM fansites that this demo can work with triple system/screen config. I understand it take 3 systems 3 displays and whats a joke in also needing 3x Gold accounts?
Curious if it auto detects even though the options dont show it on single system usage.

Please also note guys im wondering, as you do...
Has T10 stated if this demo is from a full build or previous build prior to retail?

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
FAO TimBrad

As your clued up on FM3 has anyone reported anywhere on the FM fansites that this demo can work with triple system/screen config. I understand it take 3 systems 3 displays and whats a joke in also needing 3x Gold accounts?
Curious if it auto detects even though the options dont show it on single system usage.

Please also note guys im wondering, as you do...
Has T10 stated if this demo is from a full build or previous build prior to retail?

It's not triple screen according to one post in the impressiosn thread on the Forza forums. Basically said "I fired it up but it looks like I'm going to wait a month for triple screen".

As for it being the final build, I'd say 90% yes. But there's nothing stopping them writing updates and bugfixes before the game ships.

Soldato
It would be nice if T10 over the next month where to release a number of extra tracks, but only the ones we have in FM2 so we can compare how the cars are handling on familiar tracks, that would be awesome and I don't think would release any thing secret!

Soldato
Personally I was blown away or underwhelmed. To me its just more forza goodness logically improved and updated. A proper slow burner that I'll dip in and out of.

Overall more of the same great stuff!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
There's a growing discussion on the FM3 forums about the cars being lower detail outside of replays and menus.

I can't say I noticed much myself, but the pictures some people have posted prove otherwise.

It could be the demo has an LOD bug. What tends to happen is they have 2/3 version of a model and they change according to how far away from the opponents you are. Maybe there is a bug in the demo and the correct LOD is not being displayed, or they are being very cloak and dagger about the 10x more detail which is not actually used when racing.

It's not a big deal for me, but the photos of the in-game models I've seen do seem to be poorer than MF2, esp the Minis headlight surround. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch.

Caporegime
There's a growing discussion on the FM3 forums about the cars being lower detail outside of replays and menus.

I can't say I noticed much myself, but the pictures some people have posted prove otherwise.

It could be the demo has an LOD bug. What tends to happen is they have 2/3 version of a model and they change according to how far away from the opponents you are. Maybe there is a bug in the demo and the correct LOD is not being displayed, or they are being very cloak and dagger about the 10x more detail which is not actually used when racing.

It's not a big deal for me, but the photos of the in-game models I've seen do seem to be poorer than MF2, esp the Minis headlight surround. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch.

I just read all 4 pages of a thread at FM3C about that. Very interesting, will certainly try this the next time I get to load up my 360.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm all for opinion, but is all that genuine or were you just in a bad mood when you played? :p

:) - After purchasing NFSS( I actually like it and i traditionally hate the whole NFS franchise) i was honestly looking forward to FM3 and planned a quick trade in october.. I guess it just let me down all around in comparison.. i do play on a HD projector so maybe the jaggies and view issues just seem more apparent to me.. hey ho.. Just thought I'd add my view ;)

Caporegime
I'm not trying to go against the grain but, a couple of major issues I have with FM3:

Compared to DiRT 2, it looks quite mediocre there's some very low res track side textures and the trees look appalling (yes I said trees), I don't understand the fascination with 60fps, DiRT 2 runs at 30fps and the sense of speed is portrayed very well, it doesn't really feel like you're moving very quickly in FM3.

Oddly enough I actually thought the cars moved too fast in Dirt 2 in relation to the environment, it didn't seem realistic at all, but then I think that's the difference between an 'arcade' game and Forza which is much more of a driving sim, and tbh I wouldn't really like to accept much under 60fps for a sim, even if that means it suffers graphically for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
wow, I hated fm2, really thought it was just plain dull

I've just spent an hour with all assists off (had to keep manual and used a joypad)

What a game, blooming brilliant, had a right laugh with the mini and the audi

Turn the AI off and just race against the clock

Will pick this up around release

Was quite happy with a 1.17 ish with the Mini IIRC

Back
Top Bottom