Forza Motorsport 7

Soldato
A small patch this morning with an ingame news message saying its to fix some Windows 10 Singleplayer stability issues. Mine has been rock solid stable so hope this fix doesnt break that.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
A small patch this morning with an ingame news message saying its to fix some Windows 10 Singleplayer stability issues. Mine has been rock solid stable so hope this fix doesnt break that.

You beat my rivals time you sod! (not hard)

I've had a couple CTDs and I can't save my own paint design or apply others, it gets stuck in an ever ending save screen.

Apart from that, loving it. My OCD has me trying to complete the single player stuff but I want to take part in a lot of the rivals/multiplayer competitive side for a change.

Soldato
You get cash for multilayer races anyway even if you loose so I've been dipping in and out so it makes a nice break as I like to do the campaign in order and if I'm struggling on something it's a nice change.
I just can't do that audi chase event in league 1 although it looks like all the lead cars stay in a pack so I guess it's a case of catch one and you've pretty much caught them all.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Patch notes:

October 3, 2017
Today we released an update for Forza Motorsport 7 to address a number of stability-related issues for players on Windows 10 PCs. This update addresses several additional issues in the game on both PC and Xbox One. These fixes include:

- Fixed numerous livery-related issues, including some liveries applying as paint colors only, liveries not appearing in multiplayer, and game lock-ups when cancelling liveries.
- Fixed an issue where vinyls would not appear in the vinyl editor for players who were creating vinyl groups with HDR enabled.
- Arabic text is no longer reversed in game menus
- Default profile slider settings for wheel users are no longer maxed out
- Benchmark mode on PC now displays the correct minimum FPS
- Framerate now improved in loading with G-Sync enabled.

Soldato
One thing I don't quite understand, I've not done any mods yet, but when you finish an event, you get your cash depending upon how well you did, but there's an empty mod points box underneath..
Do you get a bonus for mods even if the mods are nerfed to keep your car in line with the rest?

I still think it would be better to restrict events by class of car like hot hatch or muscle car etc. and bhp limit.

Another gripe is comparing car stats when buying, it seems difficult to remember brake power, acceleration etc. as you can't view them side by side.

Soldato
Mods arent really mods as youd expect, they instead modify the race rewards... 25% extra credits, 50% extra XP, etc, also they mainly have requirements, No ABS or No Raceline or Cockpit camera only sort of thing.

Soldato
Mods arent really mods as youd expect, they instead modify the race rewards... 25% extra credits, 50% extra XP, etc, also they mainly have requirements, No ABS or No Raceline or Cockpit camera only sort of thing.

Ahh ok thanks, that makes sense, strange use of terminology though!

Soldato

I thought they'd got rid of the assist bonuses - or do certain events give you these? In general they're gone, aren't they? So having auto brakes etc gives you no less points than running without ABS or TCS etc.

Edit: Pretty damning review - Forza 7 feels like a free-to-play game you paid $60 to play

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought they'd got rid of the assist bonuses - or do certain events give you these? In general they're gone, aren't they? So having auto brakes etc gives you no less points than running without ABS or TCS etc.

Edit: Pretty damning review - Forza 7 feels like a free-to-play game you paid $60 to play

Think that's a bit of a biased article, I was getting 4k credits per short multiplayer race last night for coming close to last.
Maybe it will become more of a grind if you only play in carrear mode..

Soldato
Another laughable race series done on the Breakout Championship. Usual car + mods setup in the Vintage GT series so I decided to tweak it.

Took all the mods off and took my Alfa from N/A to Twin Turbo before bolting things back on until I hit as close as I could to PI/BHP limits. BHP was on the money at 450 (previous was 324!) and PI was 448/450. Entered my first race and HOLY HELL! A little bit loose which I fixed in the second race with suspension tweaks but this thing was FLYING!

13/14th on the grid to 1st in usually 2 corners! Even lapped them all in 10 laps of Watkins Glen short. Great fun to drive if it was too easy. Bumped the difficulty up for Prague and was in the lead by the 1st corner. Kinda dull hot lapping by yourself but still fun!

Soldato
lol my game had a fit, threw me out of the prize receiving page, I rebooted it and it gave me 50 loot boxes to open (my current lvl) all over again, carried on playing through the career mode for the rest of the evening without a hitch...So that was nice

Thanks Turn 10

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I have two problems. Massive memory leak in the parts pages, if I go in there eventually I get a memory leak error in Win 10, reporting this to T10 now.

The other is the AI. In the trucks in the Breakout series they're almost identical there's not much you can change, yet on the open straights on Pro or Unbeatable they disappear on the straights which is utterly daft. I even tweaked the gear ratios to max the MPH just at the end of the longest straight and they just disappear, only to be caught in the corners... but not enough. So on a tight circuit I come first, but on straighter circuits I can only get 5th/6th. I'd rather just be having a close battle with the top 3. Seems very contrived and too "artificial". I also noticed this in the first Hot Hatch race at Sebring. If I turn the difficulty down to Expert I then breeze to first too easily.

Hopefully this is a bug and not by design. Kinda disappointing, but I'll just blitz the career then work on rivals and multiplayer instead for fairer racing.

Back
Top Bottom