Forza Motorsport 7

Associate
What is everyones views on the 3 versions? Which one did yous all get? Looking at ultimate for £68 but cant seem to justify it... Everytime I have bought a season pass etc its just not been worth it...

I bought the standard version of this and every other new game I've bought this year because like you I have found season passes to be a waste of money. Either the DLC content is rubbish or I'm bored of the game by the time it arrives.

Soldato
Its fine, did it for GoW4, if you need any help drop us a trust.

Basically, you just grab the url that the store is using and IDM uses that to download, the address lease might run out so you just have to repeat a couple of steps to grab another, IDM supports resume so it rebuilds and uses the new IP to complete.

Once downloaded just use PowerShell to install to where you have you store apps location selected.

Thanks mate. Was just thinking today, can I download it on another pc if I log into that pc with my Microsoft account and then copy the f7 directory across to my pc? Mum has 200mb speed, wondering if I could use her pc to download when signed into my account over there? I've no idea how Windows store and the unique game files work.

Also, reading what V R noted above about Anti Spybot disabling achievements, I run Anti Spybot on mine, full block on everything, I wonder if that is what's causing the issue??

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Also, reading what V R noted above about Anti Spybot disabling achievements, I run Anti Spybot on mine, full block on everything, I wonder if that is what's causing the issue??
I have it all blocking on mine too, game DL'ed and installed fine though. But its worth a try! Its only the achievements it affects AFAIK. I didn't even know it was a thing until I played the game and realised no achievements were unlocking. :)

Also worth noting it resets to all blocked when you restart your PC.

Soldato
Thanks mate. Was just thinking today, can I download it on another pc if I log into that pc with my Microsoft account and then copy the f7 directory across to my pc? Mum has 200mb speed, wondering if I could use her pc to download when signed into my account over there? I've no idea how Windows store and the unique game files work.

don't think just copying folder will work as probably needs to be 'installed' and that's what the Powershell command to the 90GB file does.

Soldato
Ugh! Just done the Formula E series. Twice.

First time out learn the car has naff all grip at the rear and only a 2 speed gearbox. Quick restart and fix the setup/parts. Win the first, third, fourth and fifth races no trouble. Couldn't come anywhere close on #2 (LeMans, Buggati Circuit) so despite winning the championship I didn't complete the series :mad:

Second time was short races, dumb AI, and BRAAAAAAAAAAAP! Still really annoyed by it though :/.

Soldato

First time out learn the car has naff all grip at the rear and only a 2 speed gearbox. Quick restart and fix the setup/parts. Win the first, third, fourth and fifth races no trouble. Couldn't come anywhere close on #2 (LeMans, Buggati Circuit) so despite winning the championship I didn't complete the series :mad:

Second time was short races, dumb AI, and BRAAAAAAAAAAAP! Still really annoyed by it though :/.
Agree with the lack of rear grip, they also understeer like a ***** in stock tune, but mine had 5 speed... found it infuriating because i found it almost impossible to catch 1st+2nd when set on unbeatable when starting so far back in the pack, feels like there is now draft effect at all.

Soldato
Agree with the lack of rear grip, they also understeer like a ***** in stock tune, but mine had 5 speed... found it infuriating because i found it almost impossible to catch 1st+2nd when set on unbeatable when starting so far back in the pack, feels like there is now draft effect at all.

I was only on highly skilled but chasing them all the way down the back straight of Bathurst and I wasn't getting any slipstream :/

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The AI is seriouslyt bugged in higher difficulties. Identical machinery but they pull away on the longer straights. Hence why one race you're clearing the field in seconds or you're down in 6th.

Also, I get a memory leak when trying to do anything in the upgrads/tuning screens. So frustrating. Game just crashes out :(

Associate

Can't even start the Formula E series, It keeps telling me to homologate my ABT Schaeffler even though it's stock...

Soldato
I've not done any modding yet un terms of actual modding, so if you change things like spring stiffness and brake bias, does that actually make a difference, or is it zeroed in the name of homogeneous?
Or is it just mods that give you more engine power? Such a confusing system.

Soldato
Stupidly confusing wording but here goes:

Tuning: Tweaking suspension, gearbox and aero settings in the 'Tuning' page

Upgrades: These are new parts you buy for your car (better gearbox, tyres, rims etc.) and bolt on. This raises your Performance Index and will quickly break class restrictions (Homologation!)

Mods: These are 1 - 4x use cards you get from being a VIP member OR opening lootcrates (using in game currency!) which give you some credit boosts for performing various things like clean passes, perfect cornering and what not.

Unfortunately these words get thrown around and interchanged all the time and it's very confusing!

Soldato
Logged in and have received all the gifted cars and credits :)

Now to see if the VIP cash boost is live.

**Game keeps crashing to desktop - sometimes mid race @"£$"£$""$"£$"$"£$"£$!!! **

Last edited:
Soldato
Fine for me. A little stuttery in the menu while the track is loading but otherwise fine.

I did also leave it alt-tabbed for 2 hours and had missing track textures on Long Beach. Resolved on the next track load :)

Associate
I'd like to get this game, but the download is really putting me off unfortunately. I'd probably grin and bear it if you could guarantee there wouldn't be an error half way through a 100GB download, but I had enough problems with FH3 (had to download that about five times) and the situation is obviously no better with FM7. We were a late adopter to fibre optic broadband (no-where near to a big city so one of the last areas for it to be available) and its already staring to feel like I'm back on 'slow-band' again due to the size of the downloads these days.

Moan over, might still give it a try in the week when I can leave it to download when I don't have time to play a game.

Back
Top Bottom