Forza Motorsport 7

Soldato
Hows the game run? The demo was a stuttery mess for me. The final build any better?

The game runs pretty well but not as smooth as Forza 3 Horizon does with higher settings. (My rig is i7 920 3.2Ghz 16gig GTX970 and it mostly runs real smooth 3440*1440 with MSAA x4 and high settings)

I think once they fix the download error and memory leaks the game will be defo be worth a punt.

When FH3 was released it had similar issue's, framerates were bad, CTD's, stuttering in menu's and racing, connectivity issue's and more but a few patches down it was all sorted (for the majority).

Associate
Game will either not load at or take forever to load, I have just tried 3 times with a restart of PC and still can not even get to the main menu. I didnt have 99gb free of SSD space so had to go on HDD but this is silly when it does let me get in game it will sit loading at the start race screen for like 3mins at least before I can race! Never had a problem with any games crashing before always been lucky I guess.

Latest drivers are installed and game is up to date. Anyone have any suggestions? Game plays fine if I manage to get into game haha.

edit * Moved DeusEx to HDD and putting Forza on SSD hopefully sort it out

Thanks,
Sean

Last edited:
Associate
Game will either not load at or take forever to load, I have just tried 3 times with a restart of PC and still can not even get to the main menu. I didnt have 99gb free of SSD space so had to go on HDD but this is silly when it does let me get in game it will sit loading at the start race screen for like 3mins at least before I can race! Never had a problem with any games crashing before always been lucky I guess.

Latest drivers are installed and game is up to date. Anyone have any suggestions? Game plays fine if I manage to get into game haha.

edit * Moved DeusEx to HDD and putting Forza on SSD hopefully sort it out

Thanks,
Sean

I had to install on to my HDD due to my SSD being near full from FH3 and some other things, I do think the loading times are slightly long in places (20-30 seconds or so), but not painfully so. Probably is a HDD thing, but no other choice for me.

Took from just after 9:30 this morning until 4:45 this afternoon to download this, gave me a chance to do some other jobs rather than sitting around playing the game all day if it was 1/3 of the size. No problems with the download whatsoever thankfully. Got my G25 working by ignoring the Logitech Profiler and just using the ingame presets + some adjustments. Kept having a problem where the screen went black after a few minutes, then it suddenly dawned on me that it was because I set my monitor to go to sleep after three minutes so I've upped that to ten minutes and its been fine, but I've never had this problem in any other game. Runs smooth enough for me, don't care about what the FPS is really, but I have now had a couple of random crashes to desktop.

Associate
Anyone else playing on PC able to get into multiplayer races? I can get in just fine on Xbox but never manage to on PC.

I had a few issues the other day and had t restart the Xbox live networking service, I think that is what it's called, in work so can t confirm.

Soldato
Very hit and miss for me with online, When it gets to the "waiting for cars" and you see that little sign vibrating around, it spends about 1-2mins and that's when it decides if it wants to load up the track or just crash to desktop.

Besides from that the game runs fantastically smooth on my gtx980 and 144hz monitor.

Associate
Well, after a good few hours playing this with my G25 yesterday evening I've come home today to find that the game no longer recognises the accelerator and brake as separate pedals and I only got the steering to work once in twenty tries despite changing absolutely nothing since yesterday evening. Came home today, Forza 7 on (done nothing else on the PC) and there are no controls through the G25 in-game although it all works in the Logitech Software. I've noticed that the controller menu keeps 'forgetting' the preset I've chosen despite saving it as well, so I give up for today.

Soldato
If i stay away from upgrade/setup menus i can play all night, as soon as i touch one of those, it gradually slows the system and gets stuttery in game until it CTD's, I assume this the memory leak i've heard talked about, apart from that it seems pretty solid and smooth, G920 works flawlessly.

Soldato
Theres random prize cars either free or heavily discounted as you level up from experience, but you have the option of taking cash instead, also if you feel that way inclined there are crates that you can spend money on with the chance of winning decent cars, otherwise its like any other forza, race win money spend money.
Not seen any micro transactions, ive seen it talked about, but seen no evidence of it so far.

Associate
Got my G25 working again, for some reason Windows 10 keeps assigning a driver for a Driving Force Pro rather than a G25, but it seems to be something that I'll have to amend every time I start the PC and want to play Forza 7 at the moment.

Managed to flip my first ever car in a Forza game (had FM2, FM3 and Horizons on Xbox). Audi Quattro Sport S1 rally car on Silverstone going in to a tight corner a bit too aggressive and a spin ended up being a barrel roll.

The Land Rover Series 3 also seems a bit too fast for what it is and it has six gears which I didn't think was a thing unless you went through with an extensive engine/gearbox swap in real life (?), but I'm no Land Rover expert...

Soldato
So there was a patch ?

I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest booted the game up and my performance has gone up massively and I mean massively, it's running dare I say it as good as FH3.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
October 10, 2017
Today we released the most recent update for Forza Motorsport 7. This update addresses numerous issues on both the Xbox One and PC versions of the game, including:

• Fixed an issue where tracks would disappear after a player uses repeated rewinds in a race.
• Fixed an issue where some players’ Forza Rewards gifts were not saving properly after they were initially revealed in game.
• We’ve addressed a game exploit whereby players could use Forza Edition cars to gain unrealistic leveling and rewards. In the interest of maintaining game balance, we have instituted rewards changes for all Forza Edition cars, replacing flat XP secondary rewards with a percentage-based credit (CR) reward. With this update, all Forza Edition cars will offer a primary percentage CR reward and a secondary conditional percentage CR reward. All VIP Forza Edition cars will now offer a primary +50% CR reward and a secondary conditional +50% CR reward. For example, the 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R Forza Edition previously offered a primary CR reward of +25% and a secondary flat +5,000 XP award after 3 good drifts in a race. With this update, the Silvia now offers a primary reward of +25% CR and a secondary reward of +25% CR after 3 good drifts in a race. As a further example, the 2014 BMW M4 Coupe Forza Edition (a VIP FE car) previously offered a primary +40% CR reward and a secondary flat +10,000 XP reward at the Nürburgring. With the update, the BMW now offers a primary +50% CR reward and a secondary +50% CR reward at the Nürburgring.
• Addressed an issue where the game would crash during Driver Level Rewards screen, causing extra level-up rewards to be available.
• PC and Multiplayer stability fixes.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...DATED-Oct--3--2017--4-17-p-m.aspx#post_797120

Soldato
Wonder if they will patch the demo release, just tried it on my i7 3930k, 16GB, GTX970 and while the benchmark results seemed good the actual gameplay felt very stuttery. Couldn't see any ultrawide resolutions either, still works when set to window resolution but bit odd.

Back
Top Bottom