Foundation - TV Series (2021)

Caporegime
I was listening to the audio books and they are alright but I gave up when I got to Foundation And Earth

The first few books were good and the mules first appearance was an amazing moment, but slowly I started to get bored.

It's almost like turn your brain off and just listen.

The Three Body Problem series is still my fav scifi so far.
Thought provoking and intriguing for the most part, slowly falls off at the last book and the ending is meh

I tried The Children of time after and it's just not for me at all, felt more like a children's book..

I've moved on to Expeditionary Force and that seems superb so far for the first 90 mins, the guy reading the book seems to do a really good job as well.

Ahh they made a nice advert for the audiobook that is spoiler free
14 books long though :O

First books free on audible

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gf has a trial with apple tv for 3 months. Pain as doesn't work with chromecast!

Tried this.. She really wasn't keen.. I'm not that keen.
Comes across a tad like the expanse (too complex for me).
I'm willing to give it another episode. But gf definitely won't.

Does it get any more.. Not sure how to describe it.. Eccentric? But at the same time "monotonal"?

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Oh Yes,

Season 1 set up the large concept of time... Not time travel per say but time passing. Thinking sci-fi and future world building rather than pew pew pew.

Caporegime
Oh Yes,

Season 1 set up the large concept of time... Not time travel per say but time passing. Thinking sci-fi and future world building rather than pew pew pew.

I think E1 seemed "flat" and complex. The characters were a bit samey. I do want to give it a go as it isn't as complex (imo) as expanse. And the premise seemed interesting. But it certainly didn't grab me

Soldato
Gf has a trial with apple tv for 3 months. Pain as doesn't work with chromecast!

Tried this.. She really wasn't keen.. I'm not that keen.
Comes across a tad like the expanse (too complex for me).
I'm willing to give it another episode. But gf definitely won't.

Does it get any more.. Not sure how to describe it.. Eccentric? But at the same time "monotonal"?
I think it's been a good amalgamation of the trilogy plus bits from his other books and a few extra tweaks to adapt for the small screen.

Can't really be like the Expanse as the books were written a looong time before that was even an idea.

I'd advise sticking with it, I loved the books and enjoyed the first two seasons for what they are.

Then again, it's not going to be everybody's cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom