Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Northern Ireland is part of Britain so why should we have to pay more. That's discrimination!!! Royal mail doesn't see Northern Ireland as "overseas" so what's the score there??? I'm not going to order my goods till I get told I can make use of the free shipping or I'll just go to another supplier

Login to your account.

On the top right of the OCUK shop you will see "log out" under that will be "your account" click on it.

On the left, there will be "You and Your Account" click on it

About halfway down you will see "Forums Account" fill in your details.

Login to your account.

On the top right of the OCUK shop you will see "log out" under that will be "your account" click on it.

On the left, there will be "You and Your Account" click on it

About halfway down you will see "Forums Account" fill in your details.

cheers mate, i was looking for a link to 'forums account'

Northern Ireland is part of Britain so why should we have to pay more. That's discrimination!!! Royal mail doesn't see Northern Ireland as "overseas" so what's the score there??? I'm not going to order my goods till I get told I can make use of the free shipping or I'll just go to another supplier

I've just realised that my rotal mail deliveries are being charged for as well.
This is OcUK isn't it? Not OcGB? Are we really not entitled to free royal mail deliveries like everyone else in the UK?

I've just realised that my rotal mail deliveries are being charged for as well.
This is OcUK isn't it? Not OcGB? Are we really not entitled to free royal mail deliveries like everyone else in the UK?

only 2 services are free for qualifying forum members:

Royal Mail first class
DPD Next day

If your order is under about £50 and 1kg, and your in NI - that option will be available.

DPD Next day isn't available in NI - that goes by an offshore islands service that costs more.

Quite simply - if DPD change their policy we'll change ours, but at twice the price of a parcel to wales it's too much to give away.

Especially if someone buys a USB flash drive for like £10 or something. :p

Which could be shipped for free under the current rules and potentially make a loss yet a £1000 order with lots of profit in it could not - I guess it makes no sense when pulled apart but that's the reason people in NI appear to not get free shipping (they do, but only on the services that go there, which is first class and only small low value orders can go on that).

only 2 services are free for qualifying forum members:

Royal Mail first class
DPD Next day

If your order is under about £50 and 1kg, and your in NI - that option will be available.

DPD Next day isn't available in NI - that goes by an offshore islands service that costs more.

Quite simply - if DPD change their policy we'll change ours, but at twice the price of a parcel to wales it's too much to give away.

Is a harddrive over or under a kilo? I ask as the option wasn't available, all I could choose from was royal mail special delivery at £8.95, to which Vat was then added making postage of a £60 hard drive cost £10.

Which could be shipped for free under the current rules and potentially make a loss yet a £1000 order with lots of profit in it could not - I guess it makes no sense when pulled apart but that's the reason people in NI appear to not get free shipping (they do, but only on the services that go there, which is first class and only small low value orders can go on that).

Exactly. Though I live in England so I guess I can't complain either way! :D

I do love the free shipping though, it means that I don't even look at other stores now for PC products - literally.

Is a harddrive over or under a kilo? I ask as the option wasn't available, all I could choose from was royal mail special delivery at £8.95, to which Vat was then added making postage of a £60 hard drive cost £10.

£60 would be too much for 1st class, it's only insured for 100x the price of a 1st class stamp remember.

Ah not the weight, I understand. Clearly a case of very unfortunate choice of item and postage combination then. £8.95 +Vat is a bad choice for my purchase, but unfortunately the only one i could make. I'd have been better off ordering more stuff and making a single charged for courier delivery. Unfortunately not ready to do that yet, as items are not in stock and I'd rather not pay twice.

Back
Top Bottom