Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Caporegime
It's because an 89p cable goes Royal Mail 2nd class, the fluid has to go via a courier (DPD in this case) due to courier restrictions, hence the delivery charge if you're buying it on its own, though it's still free delivery if you buy it with other items that total over £40/50 can't remember the threshold without looking :)

There seem to be a number of variables involved.

10 litres of Ultra Pure fluid @ £25.00 attracts a delivery charge of £8.70. 11 litres at £27.50 and delivery is free.

1 litre of Mayhem's X1 @ £6.95 attracts a delivery charge of £8.70. 2 litres at £13.90 and delivery is free.

Man of Honour
There seem to be a number of variables involved.

10 litres of Ultra Pure fluid @ £25.00 attracts a delivery charge of £8.70. 11 litres at £27.50 and delivery is free.

1 litre of Mayhem's X1 @ £6.95 attracts a delivery charge of £8.70. 2 litres at £13.90 and delivery is free.
Maybe it's based on profit margin? I'll ask the shop to clarify when they get a moment :)

Soldato
Firstly these aren't the legal T&C's these are a forum post just likely not fully updated or fleshed out for some reason.

Secondly, the threshold is for free DPD delivery, I can get free delivery on a 50p item via royal mail.

If I'm buying say a single £5 cable, it'll be royal mail, but if I buy 10 of the £5 cables the delivery will revert to DPD, likely to keep the delivery cost down for OCUK.

So yes you can get free delivery but for this type of item that has to go via courier, it's not free until you order a certain value.

You can expect free DPD delivery on a £9 item, that'll throw every order into a negative return for OCUK.

If all that's bothering you is the post quoted, I'll get OCUK to look at amending it :)

Yes please - if you can get them to review and update if different that would be great. But not just because it is bothering me alone as you have mentioned and edited out now - there are others who are asking the same in this thread. It seems we are just trying to make sense of the logic.
Not sure you are aware - I have a recent previous order with the same fluid and some tubes in an order value of £16 - which is even less than half the value of this order I am trying to place - delivered to me via DPD next day service. But this order I am being charged for DPD next day and there is no free postage service option. That's what i am asking.
I think that's how T&Cs work? If they are different to working practices update, inform and move on. Things change I get that.
I can also understand that this is more of a perk for being a forum member and this benefits both sides when contributing in the forums. I have never abused them or resorted to buy small things to just get DPD next day.
When I cant make sense why there is a change that I didn't anticipate I asked. Don't consider this as an attack towards you or OCUK.

I see that you have edited your post to remove the part about if that's bothering me that much etc - it did concern me yes, not sure if I would put as bothered.

Man of Honour
Yes please - if you can get them to review and update if different that would be great. But not just because it is bothering me alone as you have mentioned and edited out now - there are others who are asking the same in this thread. It seems we are just trying to make sense of the logic.
Not sure you are aware - I have a recent previous order with the same fluid and some tubes in an order value of £16 - which is even less than half the value of this order I am trying to place - delivered to me via DPD next day service. But this order I am being charged for DPD next day and there is no free postage service option. That's what i am asking.
I think that's how T&Cs work? If they are different to working practices update, inform and move on. Things change I get that.
I can also understand that this is more of a perk for being a forum member and this benefits both sides when contributing in the forums. I have never abused them or resorted to buy small things to just get DPD next day.
When I cant make sense why there is a change that I didn't anticipate I asked. Don't consider this as an attack towards you or OCUK.

I see that you have edited your post to remove the part about if that's bothering me that much etc - it did concern me yes, not sure if I would put as bothered.
Hi mate,

Yeah sorry, I edited it because reading it back came off a bit direct, was just distracted :(

I'll ask OCUK to see what can be done or to clarify the post?

Soldato
Having problems with free shipping, never gave me any grief at all.

I have to repeatedly link forum account and then it says I qualify for free forum shipping. Shipping charge goes away, great.

Then go to checkout and shipping charge is back on.

Also why am I forced to login to amazon pay each time.

Associate
same issue here. I wanted to buy some Mayhems Biocide (£10), no free shipping. I added an expensive item (laptop for £4k), still no free shipping.
There might be something wrong on their side.

Soldato
Who is behind the genius decision to have pale text on a white background? And it isn't only on the postage page either, it's all over the site. I have to CTRL+A just to see anything.

VtLVUrt.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Who is behind the genius decision to have pale text on a white background? And it isn't only on the postage page either, it's all over the site. I have to CTRL+A just to see anything.

Could be the decision is on your side.

tmp.png

Soldato
I've just tried it using Edge and it's fine, looks just like yours. But I don't use Edge, I use Chrome and it's unreadable in that browser, both on Windows and on Android. So it's definitely something on OcUK's end that has a problem with Chrome.

Looks fine with Chrome on my end.

Soldato
well pleased - placed my order on Friday morning for 10TB and 4TB WD Gold hard drives plus a mouse mat and selected Free delivery. Got my dispatch email from OcUK, followed by an email from DPD scheduling a monday delivery. Got up this morning (saturday) and went to get a newspaper and almost tripped over the box on my doormat (inside the entryway) - and I even got some Haribo :D

Associate
How can I contact someone for help? I can log into the forum (obviously), I can go into my account and get my purchase history but I cant link the two together. I have checked my saved log ins but there is only one for Overclockersuk and when I try to use that it says incorrect password.
Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Soldato
Doesn't appear to be working for me today, I've been away from the forums a bit so maybe because of that.

Also getting an error when trying to relink my forum account.

Back
Top Bottom