Poll: French Grand Prix 2018, Le Castellet - Race 8/21

Rate the 2018 French Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
What a load of rubbish. Vettel just locked up and ploughed into him. It was obviously slippery into turn 1 (at least three on the inside locked up) but Bottas couldn't have done much more to avoid contact short of doing a Verstappen (floor it through the run-off).

Sebastian is innocent - that guy Bottas jumped on his nose :D Bottas lost the position, he needed to take a path more to the right, not to cross through the corner as if he was alone there.

Man of Honour
Vettel once again the architect of his own downfall. It's races like this which have a knock-on effect. Yes, Seb cut through the field to recover but that only demonstrated what an absolute beast of a car he drives. Furthermore, he then had to stress his recently-changed engine to get back in the top 5.

If he has reliability issues over the forthcoming races, it's days like today where you can point the finger and say "well, maybe you brought it on yourself".

I guess the interesting aspect of this season is that Ferrari have the best car whilst Merc have the best driver. Makes for an interesting year, just like 2017.

Permabanned
Yes, Seb cut through the field to recover but that only demonstrated what an absolute beast of a car he drives. Furthermore, he then had to stress his recently-changed engine to get back in the top 5.

I guess the interesting aspect of this season is that Ferrari have the best car whilst Merc have the best driver. Makes for an interesting year, just like 2017.

I think the Ferrari wasn't quick enough - it is just that the others are a lap or two slower than the first six cars.

The fastest car is the Mercedes, while in Monaco and Hungary it might be Red Bull.

Soldato
I managed to watch the whole thing without using FF. The battle at the front was a snorefest but the midfield stuff was great, especially with Vet and Bot making their way through the field.

Soldato
Vettel screwed up and hit Bottas, it’s that simple. Absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.
Don't forget that nothing is ever Ferrari, or a Ferrari driver's, own fault. It's always someone else's mistake. Ferrari are perfect in every way.

If the poll says “1 because Vettel didn’t win” it needs to also say “10 (because Hamilton won)”
Thankfully it seems that most of the Hamilton fanbase is capable of critical thinking, so the message on that end of the scale isn't needed.

I gave it a 5. Better than recent races, and the lap 1 incidents, along with Vettels recovery drive, made it a bit more interesting. Last 25 laps were a procession though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is it raining at the track yet? :p

:D

We hear it at so many races. Funny playing the highlights back and listening to Croft and Brundle - could they get any more over excited? They have definitely been told to up the excitement levels. In the same way that many years ago they were told to stop mentioning how dull and boring the races had become - the races have somehow since become even worse!

Caporegime
Hm, is this the start of Vettel's implosion again? Last year he had the championship in the bag until he went mental and started doing stupid things.

Still too close to call, but i don't fancy Vettel's chances if he is going to start playing silly buggers again.

Back
Top Bottom