French Open Tennis 2017

Caporegime
Not looking forward to this from a Murray point of view. The last few months have been a disaster for him and he's looking further away from top form every time I see him play. His serve also seems to have regressed massively which is never good for a player that didn't really have the best serve to begin with.

Expecting an early exit this year which will hopefully give him a bit more time to prepare for the grass court season.

Hoping Nadal wins the whole thing.

Man of Honour
Kyle Edmund is looking good to take the first set although it didn't do Konta much good in her match to win the first set unfortunately. If Murray doesn't sort his game out soon it could be another first round exit here.

Caporegime
Tsonga's a bit off his game today, looks in trouble at a set and a break down.

Edit: Cracking match in the dark and it ends 5-4 in the fourth and on serve.

Edit: Seem to say it every year but the French open commentary puts Wimbledon's to shame. ITV4 might not have the funding that the BBC does but they do a fantastic job with their tennis coverage.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I like ITV's coverage. Tsonga might get out of jail yet, he looked down and out at 2-5 in the 4th.

Watching Kvitova atm, you can tell she's been away for a long time, missing absolute sitters. A set and 2-3 down with a break.

Caporegime
7-6 to Klizan in the first set in his match against Murray.

Honestly can't see Murray getting very far in the tournament if he needs to rely on his opponents form dipping to win him games, sets and matches. Add the fact his serve is even worse than usual, possibly due to injury, and he's ripe to get taken apart by a top player if he progresses in the tournament.

Edit: Oh, he's playing Del Potro next so he'll get taken apart in the next round then :o

Man of Honour
Edit: Oh, he's playing Del Potro next so he'll get taken apart in the next round then :o

As you say against the top players he's unlikely to get away with giving up a set cheaply and he gave himself a fair bit to do in the fourth set as well. However I'm hoping that by you being a good sport and making a prediction against him he'll make it through.

Caporegime
I aim to please :D

Great to see Kyle Edmund progress so easily today but disappointing the only reason to watch women's tennis is out for another year :(

Gasquet's playing some sublime tennis at the moment, mashed through the first two sets in under an hour.

Back
Top Bottom