Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

I drove to Paris and back earlier in the year from the south coast via the tunnel thinking i'd fill up on cheaper EU diesel while I was over there but didn't see anywhere cheaper than the UK so made it there and back on the single tank, 600 miles round trip return arriving home on fumes :D

The variation in different areas is a curious one for me, £1.83 for boggo supermarket unleaded in my town, and in worcester where i work, around 10p dearer, its only 25 miles apart.

Fuel should have dropped a little this week, it was $113 dollars last friday, vs $123 dollars the previous friday, this week its been fairly stable all week, today its $113 aswell. The pump prices have kept rising this week sadly :(

I keep having flashbacks of conversations with my dad along the lines of "petrol won't go over £1 a litre. There'll be riots on the streets if it does". Those were the days.... To think we'll probably top £2 a litre by the end of the month!

I keep having flashbacks of conversations with my dad along the lines of "petrol won't go over £1 a litre. There'll be riots on the streets if it does". Those were the days.... To think we'll probably top £2 a litre by the end of the month!
I can remember when the government shifted to selling petrol in litres. I’m absolutely convinced it was done to get more money in duty. The first budget after the change they announced a 2p per litre increase in the duty. My Dad said that wasn’t so bad until I explained that was about 8p per Gallon which they’d never have gotten away with before.

The variation in different areas is a curious one for me, £1.83 for boggo supermarket unleaded in my town, and in worcester where i work, around 10p dearer, its only 25 miles apart.

Fuel should have dropped a little this week, it was $113 dollars last friday, vs $123 dollars the previous friday, this week its been fairly stable all week, today its $113 aswell. The pump prices have kept rising this week sadly :(

And refining costs etc? The lack of capacity? Oil prices aren't the only thing here. ££££ has lost a further 3% this month vs $$$$$ as well and that makes the oil cost in ££££ more. From what I've seen standard petrol should fall slightly but not super. Diesel will rise slightly.

And refining costs etc? The lack of capacity? Oil prices aren't the only thing here. ££££ has lost a further 3% this month vs $$$$$ as well and that makes the oil cost in ££££ more. From what I've seen standard petrol should fall slightly but not super. Diesel will rise slightly.

Also depends when they bought the fuel and how long it takes to get through it before a new tanker load.

Still waiting for this 5p reduction Rishi Sunak was smiling in photos about a few month ago now...

..or are they just going to introduce it when fuel is 204.9p, then 5p reduction... 199.9p... everyone is happy it is "so cheap" back under £2 a litre.

It needs a 40/50p reduction at least to be acceptable.

Still waiting for this 5p reduction Rishi Sunak was smiling in photos about a few month ago now...

..or are they just going to introduce it when fuel is 204.9p, then 5p reduction... 199.9p... everyone is happy it is "so cheap" back under £2 a litre.

It needs a 40/50p reduction at least to be acceptable.
We got it, for a day or two until prices started rising again.

All that's happening is oil companies make more profit and the government takes more VAT. The reductions aren't passed on to us plebs :/

It's going to reach a point where many people on low wages run in to a problem where going to work isn't financially viable anymore. Then we have real problems. Boris might notice when he has to start cleaning #10's toilets himself.

I agree, every car I've owned with Cruise Control (from '94 onwards) brakes when the speed increases a certian percentage above your set speed when going down hill.

I'd be very surprised if many cars from 1994 did this. Neither my 1999 Mondeo or 2001 5 Series did, the first car I owned that did was a 2008 3 Series.

All that's happening is oil companies make more profit and the government takes more VAT. The reductions aren't passed on to us plebs :/

It's going to reach a point where many people on low wages run in to a problem where going to work isn't financially viable anymore. Then we have real problems. Boris might notice when he has to start cleaning #10's toilets himself.
Already like that for some, lad at work is now spending £100 a week to come to work.
He's applying for much lower paid jobs close to home now so he can walk.
If my route on a bike to work wasn't such a turd hole I'd do that but no chance I'm riding through Rusholme.
Public transport isn't an option.

Back
Top Bottom