Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

I noticed on the way home from work yesterday most places are now £1.5+, I'd been holding off filling up a bit in the hope it would drop off a little now school is back.

Last edited:
I believe I read that relations between Saudi and the US have soured in the last couple of years because SA wanted to buy some sort of military hardware from the USA and basically got refused - hence now they're punishing the West trying to force them into it by smashing oil prices up.

I can't wait for the energy market to be taken out of the hands of these individuals/countries

Last edited:
Hopefully we are giving the surplus military hardware to Ukraine instead; a few new UK drilling licenses don't look so bad, but, that timescale, is probably off.

It will increase the attraction of going electric though, unless they hike Kwh prices in sympathy.

Back to over 160 now for diesel. Quietly creeping up without too much of a fuss from anyone at the minute.

The 130s, 140s didnt last long, I think I got 2 tanks at that price whenever it was a few month back.

If the government were to do another discount like they did before (but more this time) would it help the inflation figures ?

Sort of thing that wouldn't surprise me but don't know if would have an effect or not

Back
Top Bottom