Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

It’s gone done by a further 1p 132.9 now.

Don’t need to fuel up for another week.
Hopefully it’s gone down by another 1/2p

Last edited:
Saw 133.9 for UL on Sunday driving past the Essar on the A41 near Whitchurch. Historically this station has reliably the lowest prices you see in the area. Being in Chester I only really pass it though when heading south, bit too much of a diversion to warrant going down there purposefully.

Unsurprisingly the station is always busy!

When I went shopping on Friday the cheapest in Elgin for unleaded was the Esso garage at £1.40.9 per litre and hopefully it will be even less this Friday. Even better my fuel card through DFDS which is administered by Wex has double discount for the rest of December so the discounts are now:-

- Save 12p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme Diesel
- Save 10p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme+99 Unleaded
- Save 8p on every litre of Esso Synergy Diesel
- Save 6p on every litre of Esso Synergy Unleaded

Serving and ex servicemen who are part of the DFDS discount scheme and emergency services staff who have a blue light card can sign up for a Esso card. It's well worth doing if it's available to you.

On the drive to work there is a shell garage, ul 154.9, diesel 168.9.

Then a texaco, ul 139.9, diesel 149.9.

Strangely there's always cars filling up at the shell garage.

Last edited:
On the drive to work there is a shell garage, ul 154.9, diesel 168.9.

Then a texaco, ul 139.9, diesel 149.9.

Strangely there's always cars filling up at the shell garage.
Many company car or van drivers will use a fuel card which gives a central price for fuel rather than the advertised price so it doesn't matter where they fill up. Some others will have this belief that Shell fuel is superior or better too.

Back
Top Bottom