Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

It’s worth getting membership. I only use Costco for fuel I don’t shop in there. Don’t go anywhere else for fuel.

Costco do have an app. You can check on the app what prices are like. I like to have a look every now and then.

Last edited:
Is it worth getting a fuel card? It's difficult to read anything other than the marketing bumf that you'll get cheaper fuel. There has to be a catch

It’s worth getting membership. I only use Costco for fuel I don’t shop in there. Don’t go anywhere else for fuel.

Costco do have an app. You can check on the app what prices are like. I like to have a look every now and then.
I suppose you live near one?

It was £1.35.9p per litre for standard unleaded in Elgin on Friday but apparently has dropped again since then. As oil is still dropping hopefully the downward trend will continue.

As for fuel cards, there is no catch with my Esso card provided by Wex as far as I can tell. I have had it for a few months now and I fill up, present my card along with my reg no and mileage at the kiosk and a few days later they send me a bill showing the discount and how much they are taking from my debit card that is tied to the Esso card. At the moment the discount is doubled so these are the current discounts:-

- Save 12p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme Diesel
- Save 10p on every litre of Esso Synergy Supreme+99 Unleaded
- Save 8p on every litre of Esso Synergy Diesel
- Save 6p on every litre of Esso Synergy Unleaded

Well worth having although I believe you need a Blue Light card or Defence Services Discount Card to apply for this scheme.

Enjoy the lower prices while you can...

Glad I filled the Ferrari today then, also surprised with the £10 discount from Shell Rewards too, was a good day to fill up. :D

Back
Top Bottom